bcd396xt finding control channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

shifty277

So what would cause my scanner to randomly say this for state police frequencies? It was working fine till all transmissions stopped and now it says finding control channel.

Thanks!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It is unable to find a control channel on any frequency programmed for that system. This could be because the control channel changed to one you've not programmed or the control channel is not receivable (like being out of range).

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
But I programmed the entire state with freescan.

Check the RR database and see what has changed for the area that you monitor.... something has changed as far as control channels.

shifty277

So then how do you add more control frequencies? Is that under the site then trunk frequencies?

shifty277

I cannot find the control channel for my area either by listening for the buzzing noise..

shifty277

So I found the control frequencies. I added all of them and it still says Finding Control Channel...

Any ideas?

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Either you don't have the correct control channel frequency or you are out of range of the control channel. This is assuming the scanner hears other transmissions and is working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.