BCD396XT Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

adams538

Premium Subscriber
My dad works security and has the BCD396XT that he purchased preprogramed for Pinellas County and it stopped recieving. I read that It needed a firmware update so I went and got the adaptor cable and installed the new firmware, didnt help at all. I then accidentally deleted the preprogramed frequencies and can not figure out how to reload them manually. Does anyone have this scanner with all the Pinellas County fregencies and channels that could clone them to this scanner? I would greatly appreciate any help so he doesnt have to send it back to scan master to be reprogrammed! Thanks again for any help, input, or advice!!!!!!!!! Dan

KJ4EPQ

Programming

Well, the easy way to program it is to use freeware programs like FreeScan. I don't know where you would get the pre-programmed systems. You could try searching around the internet, or if anyone still has them and is willing to take the time, they can download them with freescan and send you the files. Personally, I've deleted them in favor of custom programming, since they take up most of the storage space and aren't always up to date.

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Suggestion

Download Freescan (it is free), familiarize yourself with it and then use the "easygrab" function to get the frequency info from the Radio Reference dada base! Then upload it to the scanner and you will be all set.

adams538

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

I just wanted to thank everyone for their imput, I downloaded Freescan and had a gentleman send me the files from his scanner to upload into my dads. Thanks again, Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.