BCD396xt HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
I have need help assigning unit id's. I want to assign radio id's to pop up with what unit is transmitting. I need help with doing it please.

Thanks

frazpo

I have need help assigning unit id's. I want to assign radio id's to pop up with what unit is transmitting. I need help with doing it please.

Thanks

So you want to assign a specific name to a certain unit ID? I dont think you can do that.

bear780ks

O but you can, when the scanner is stopped on a ID number say like 4201 take and tap Eyes and then you will get a Menu at the top of the menu is were you can enter your Tag say like HoustonPD you'll want to tap .no twice then enter your Tag then tap Eyes to Finish..

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The OP is referring to Radio IDs not Talk Groups.

Create a group and enter the Radio IDs as talk group numbers with an i in front of the number ( i740260 ), then alpha tag it. Try to find an "ID Structure Table" for your system. See the link below.

Fire units can be easy as radios are usually the same, but police can sometimes use different radios every day.

Also if you have the ID entered you will receive all traffic for that radio regardless of talk group used, ae phone calls, private calls, etc.

Below is a table for my county to give you an example what to look for.

Franklin County Public Safety - The RadioReference Wiki

Also check to see if your system is already in RR:

Category:RID/UID Lists - The RadioReference Wiki

bear780ks

Sorry there W8RMH miss read and then showed how to enter the name hope it still helps the OP if he needs that as well:D Bear

frazpo

Create a group and enter the Radio IDs as talk group numbers with an i in front of the number ( i740260 ), then alpha tag it. Try to find an "ID Structure Table" for your system. See the link below.

Thats interesting. I have never come across that information. As much as I have read and messed with my 396 I have never come across that. Where did you get that information?

EDIT -
I found it. Never knew you could do that. kinda cool if you knew officers or firemens radio ID's

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I include radio IDs on my police feed. However they are not alpha tagged. The radio ID structure tables below allow translation. Tagging, ae storing IDs, allows open scanning which is prohibited by Broadcastify.

(Fire Dept IDs are a lot easier to decipher)

Police IDs (See more details on my feed details page)

Columbus Police officers are issued their own portable radios.

Portable IDs are 4xxxx where:

xxxx is the officer's badge number.
Badge numbers in the 5000 range are sergeants and choppers.
(If you know the officer's badge number your good)

Mobile IDs are 5xxxy where:

xxx is the cruiser number.
y is the cruiser type
0 is a regular car
1 is a relief (spare) car

Example: 42202 is Officer/Badge 2202's portable radio
Example: 51760 is cruiser 176
Example: 51701 is cruiser R-170 (a relief car)

Last edited:

AC0RV

Feed Provider
For each agency that I have, I have put in a group of there own.

I have Talk groups and the radio IDs in the same group. (ie Troop C is 5 and a radio id of a user of i4988 for of the dispatch console at troop C Dispatch).

I hope this helps.

frazpo

So if I understand correctly I can input the unit ID (i1234) in the TGID field and apply an alpha for it? In Freescan it would be in the TGID column. Correct?

AC0RV

Feed Provider
yes, There's a column to display the alpha tag and a column for the tgid

for example:

Display TGID
Troop C Metro Dispatch, 5
HP 123 , i1234

I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.