BCD396XT Housing Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xonxexoox

I don’t know if this question was asked all ready or if it is possible to switch the housing on the BCD396XT for the BC346XT housing? Not that I have a problem with the silver housing I think the black just looks a little sleeker. If it is possible to do does anyone know where to buy the extra housing. Thanks

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
I also want to know the outcome of this thread. I love the black.

I would assume you can though, however, where would you get just a 346 housing???

acetech

Kinda agree. I think my bc250d had that silver front. I never liked the silver as much. Its just like a camera, it always looks better in black.
More professional.

BHinAZ

Might try calling Uniden Support to see if the part is available.

If you go to their web site for the BCD346XT and scoll down through the list of accessories, they list a front case for the BCD396T ($2.64). Obviiously, that is not what you want, but it may just be the web master was lazy and did not customize the accessories for each product.

You can also go to the Sticky at the top of the list of Uniden topics and click on the Archived Sticky thread. Scroll through that for a link that will take you to a wiki screen were you can request part numbers.

When the BCD396T first came out, some had defective silk screening of the labels. As I recall, there were a few posts back then discussing user replacement of the face plate. You might find some information on the replacement process by searching for some of those old threads.

XTS3000

Am I the only one who likes the silverish front?

When you order the front case, don't forget to order the front window screen for the 396XT. There seems to be a difference in the 396T vs 396XT front screen. I'm thinking it is probably just an antiglare layer the XT front screen has that the T doesn't. So there may be a difference in the 246 original front screen.

I like the silver for some reason.....

BHinAZ

If my memory is correct (and that is a risky proposition), the old threads discussing the BCD396T skill screen print issue said the replacement front case included the speaker and the lens.

xonxexoox

Thanks for the great info..I guess starting at the source for the parts would be the best bet, when I have some free time I’ll get a hold of Uniden to find out if the part is available. Looking forward to adding this to the list of winter projects.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.610 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

If you succeed, please post your results.... If it is an easy project, I'm totally doing it.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.610 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Right.... You could add an "I". It would not be correct accoring to the roman numeral system, but would still state "4".

Status
Not open for further replies.