BCD396XT: How to directly access a channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHinAZ

What is the best/quickest way to directly access a channel on a BCD396XT when number tags are NOT used.

On the 396T, the method was to hold down the Function key, then press 7 on the key pad to enter the "Recall" function. At this point, a System name was displayed and you would then rotate the scroll knob to display the various systems, then press "E" to select the desired system. Then the next step was to repeat the process by selecting a group in that system, then selecting the desired channel within that group.

What is the best way to achieve this same functionality in the BC396XT? Function / 7 on the XT activates the attenuator feature.

I know you can select a system by pressing Function, then rotate the scroll knob, but that does not let you drill down to the group and channel.

Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
What is the best/quickest way to directly access a channel on a BCD396XT when number tags are NOT used.

On the 396T, the method was to hold down the Function key, then press 7 on the key pad to enter the "Recall" function. At this point, a System name was displayed and you would then rotate the scroll knob to display the various systems, then press "E" to select the desired system. Then the next step was to repeat the process by selecting a group in that system, then selecting the desired channel within that group.

What is the best way to achieve this same functionality in the BC396XT? Function / 7 on the XT activates the attenuator feature.

I know you can select a system by pressing Function, then rotate the scroll knob, but that does not let you drill down to the group and channel.

Thanks.

You are going to have to use the drill down method or wait for activity in that system, press hold then use the scroll knob to arrive at that TGID or CNV Freq.
I have a BC346XT and I have started using the number tags. Because it is hard to remember all the numtag for systems, TG & Frequencies I put the NUMTAG at the end of the System or channel name.

West Side PD 1
PD dispatch 10

Now I just press 1.10 Menu to arrive at the channel or TG I want.

HTH,

XTS3000

Simply put, the XT doesn't not work like the T did. Drill down to the channel can not be done. It's a pain in the neck, but no way around this.

I miss the ability that the "T" had drilling down to a channel - good way to put it.

Cheers

rvictor

It seems like the closest that I can get is to press "HOLD" and then "FUNC" and use the rotary knob to get to the desired system. If you then release "FUNC", you can use the rotary knob to cycle through all of the channels in that system. I can't seem to find a way to select a group and then a channel, but I'd be happy to have someone point out how to do it.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.