BCD396XT Kent county information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmyDude

I just returned from overseas and noticed that my scanner did not work anymore. I've seen the information on the rebanding and updated the scanner firmware as well as programmed the new frequencies listed on the main page. For some reason, I can not hear EMSDSP. The TGID'S on the main page seam outdated as well. I've done an ID Search and found EMSOP1, KGH6, and KGH7. When dispatch is sent out, the ID search does not pick up anything. Is there some other frequency that is not listed? Any help would be appreciated.

de784

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.2.2; en-us; HTC6435LVW 4G Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

If Iam correct ems is dispatched on the fire ems dispatch talkgroup

ArmyDude

for some reason, no matter how i program the scanner (pc, or manual), the talkgroup id's on the site don't seem to work in the scaner.

ArmyDude

as mentioned before, I progammed this scanner without issue before i deployed. worked for several months. now that I'm back, i'm back at it due to re-banding. all of the tgid's seem to not work for me.

delaware74b

ArmyDude - I am the provider for Kent County Fire/EMS on Broadcastify (scanner radio app for smartphones).

Currently, I am not using a trunking scanner. I am following 2 frequencies and sending both through an older RadioShack PRO-405 scanner to Broadcastify. I am not carrying the 2 KGH channels you're looking for due to HIPPA/privacy issues.

Kent County rebroadcast is on 151.400, Fire TAC-4 is carried on this channel as well as tone-outs
Dover Fire rebroadcast is on 154.445, including tone-out
If you go further south, Harrington rebroadcast is on 155.505. They also have Sussex Fire, but no tone-outs.
I dropped the Harrington in September due to excessive background noise and constant chatter from Sussex.

I realize you have been out of the area for a while and hope this info helps you.

ArmyDude

Thanks for the info. I am not interested in the VHF channels for dispatching. That's easy stuff. I had this scanner programmed only for the trunking system. I'm just wondering why the settings that I had before aren't working anymore as well as the TGID's on the main page. I'm trying the various types of P25 that are available, and as I hear dispatches and fire chatter, I'm not picking them up on the scanner using the sites TGID's. Using an ID search, I was able to hear some of the channels earlier today, but not at the moment. If there is anyone with some BCD396xt experience that can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

doctordave

Do you have the very latest XT firmware downloaded? If so, that could be part of the problem. When I updated my 996xt to the most recent firmware, DE 800 performance was degraded.

So on ID search tonight, you are hearing absolutely nothing? What do you see in the display?

ArmyDude

I just updated to the latest firmware because I thought the rebanding affected it. I had reprogrammed the new frequencies and had nothing. As far as ID search, it was working and displaying ID: 261 or whatever was picked up as well as opening up the audio for that channel. At the moment, I have reprogrammed it a few different ways and ID search doesn't pick up anything. I'll spend more time tomorrow on it. The IDs that I had in before were the same as what's on the main page, but none of them worked for me. Did I not need the firmware and now screwed?

doctordave

If you have the latest firmware, that is likely part of the problem. Off the top of my head, I don't recall if the last Uniden XT firmware release introduced rebanding support....or the one prior to that. When I performed the upgrade, my XT radios went from flawless to frequently garbled with digital type II systems ( like DE). I'll look back at the firmware release notes on this.

Which programming software package did you use? Presume you entered the appropriate data into the custom rebanding tables, so the radio will track properly?

By the way, thanks for serving our country in the military. Much appreciated.

ArmyDude

so based on some of your posts... i decided to 'revert' back to the previous firmware. luckily the updater package had 1.10 in it and 1.11.01.

One thing that I've tried so far this AM is to do a reset on the scanner itself and load the 'Preprogrammed' sites. I then used FreeSCAN to download all of that information. Obviously it is old data, but I was hoping some of the site configurations would help. I removed N and S id's and left only Kent. I also removed all sites but one and updated to the latest frequencies from the site for Kent.

With the preprogrammed information, i don't hear the 'wirly' sound on the control channel. It is set to "Mot 800MHz Standard (Type II)" on the site with Control Channel Only checked. I will be continuing going back and forth with the site settings and hoping to get some better results.

Thanks for the support. It's been a long career in the National Guard. With 2 "Combat" tours, I think I'm about done.

doctordave

OK, I checked the release notes.....that last 396xt update seems to have targeted performance on certain P25 systems and did not pertain to rebanding support. Probably worth checking on the Uniden board to see if someone kept the firmware update for the previous version ( you are looking for version 1.10.00) so they could email you the zip file and you can revert to that firmware version via your updater. There is also a yahoo group dedicated to this radio - I bet someone there could send you the zip file.

As an aside, if it ends up being feasible to get your hands on a GRE PSR 500 or 600, those radios significantly outperform the Unidens on decoding DE 800 and on reception range - hands down. The newly released Uniden 536HP is a fantastic leap ahead for newer P25 trucked systems in certain areas, but presently is a very poor performer on DE 800.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

The TGs should be no different pre-rebanding. When you updated the Firmware and reprogrammed the Control Chanel, did you program the Custom Bandplan?

851.0250 854.0000 440 25 Polarity +
851.0125 868.9875 000 25 Polarity +

doctordave

Looks like we simultaneously posted. My suggestion is to start from scratch by entering the 4 control channels for Kent and the 3 CCs for NCC as distinctly separate systems. You'll then need to set up the custom tables for each system via freescan - tables that support the new 800 MHz band plan ( post rebanding). Familiar with that process?

doctordave

And Dave (h8tdigitalradio) just forwarded the table data - used to customize how the radio will approach channel assignments on the DE system.

ArmyDude

Not familiar with that at all. I didn't do any of the Band plan stuff. All I did before was put all of the Frequecies from the RR site into the Trunk Frequencies section. So I only put the Control Chanels in? Also, what System and Site type is supposed to be selected?

doctordave

Ok - that's our missing link.

There is one big system for Kent and there is one big system for NCC in the database. The CCs are colored in blue and red. Those we'll want. Ignore the other freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.