BCD396XT Locked on all band scan HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappajohn7

I picked up a BCD396XT Scanner for my wife’s Christmas. I am able to program the NC Viper system using Free Scan without a problem.
Somehow I pushed the wrong buttons at the right time and it starting scanning the viper system and all other entire possible bands. Needless to say scanning CB and broadcast bands “ant gone’a work".
I have L/O every function that I can find. Remove power and when batteries are reinstalled it begins scanning all bands again. Has anyone had this problem?
I think this maybe a firmware problem but am having a problem navigating the Uniden down loads.

What is the latest firmware revision available for a BCD396XT. Uniden directs me to a download for a BCD 396_T? [ BCD 396_T_UASD_v1.4.11] Release 4/06/2006 Is this correct? This doesn’t look correct to me.
Since my wife is confined to her chair it’s important I get it right soon.
Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give me.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I picked up a BCD396XT Scanner for my wife’s Christmas. I am able to program the NC Viper system using Free Scan without a problem.
Somehow I pushed the wrong buttons at the right time and it starting scanning the viper system and all other entire possible bands. Needless to say scanning CB and broadcast bands “ant gone’a work".
I have L/O every function that I can find. Remove power and when batteries are reinstalled it begins scanning all bands again. Has anyone had this problem?
I think this maybe a firmware problem but am having a problem navigating the Uniden down loads.

What is the latest firmware revision available for a BCD396XT. Uniden directs me to a download for a BCD 396_T? [ BCD 396_T_UASD_v1.4.11] Release 4/06/2006 Is this correct? This doesn’t look correct to me.
Since my wife is confined to her chair it’s important I get it right soon.
Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give me.
papajohn,
Probably, you accidentally hit a keystroke combination that turned on the custom searches or service search. If memory serves, you can lockout each of those searches by pressing <Function> + the <L/O> (lockout) key while it is searching each individual band. (The Function key is the top button on the left side; the bottom one accesses the Menu screen.)

In FreeScan, you can lockout the custom searches in your programming file before uploading to the scanner. While editing your program file, click:
Scanner->Setup Scanner Options
You'll see a tab for the Custom Searches & another for Service Search. You can lock them all out (so that they'll be turned off when you upload back to the scanner). Also, you can customize the searches, should you wish to use them at some point, and also assign a quick key to easily turn them on & off.

The latest firmware for the 396XT is 1.08.14. You can check what version your scanner is at by accessing "Settings" from the menu, then select "See Scanner Info", then "Firmware version".
Firmware download here.

pappajohn7

Thanks for all your help. The fiemware update was made.
The "FUNC , L/O, L/O" routine fixed the all scan problem. I thank your both for your help!
Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.