BCD396XT Mobile Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyjenkis

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had any success with some kind of mounting bracket for the BCD396XT?

I've played around with some velcro and other cheesy schemes, but I was hoping someone out there had either made something or located a third party accessory for holding the unit firmly in a vehicle?

Thanks!
Sammy

JASII

Memory Capacity
There are some places that make vehicle specific mounts. Panavise is one of them, but I think that there are others as well PanaVise Products, Inc. I have some Panavise 777 ClipCaddy Phone Holders. PanaVise Products, Inc. They will allow you to use devices with the the button back, like the 396XT, or devices with belt clips. In fact, I also use the PanaVise Products, Inc. Adjustable Mounting Bracket so I can have two Clip Caddies side by side. That way the 396XT can be on one and my Slacker G2 next to it on the other. I have my combination Garmin GPS Phone G60 (cell phone/GPS) on a bean bag mount on the dash and I am all set!

Bullmax

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had any success with some kind of mounting bracket for the BCD396XT?

I've played around with some velcro and other cheesy schemes, but I was hoping someone out there had either made something or located a third party accessory for holding the unit firmly in a vehicle?

Thanks!
Sammy

What kind of vehicle do you have?

Tsch6373

I got mine from MountGuys, called The Ram. The connector is like the shorty but since that interferes with the antenna in my car, mine has the more rigid extension than the gooseneck shown in some of the illustrations. The suction cup mount works well. I use a UHF antenna since there is not enough clearance for anything much longer. Although an external antenna would eliminate that problem.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
+1 on the Ram Mount. I've used this model with good success with all my Uniden handhelds with belt clip stud mounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.