BCD396XT Moto Turbo Decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyjenkis

Hello I recently heard a presentation on Moto Turbo digital modulation and noted that several Turbo ham repeaters are popping up in the area. Is there any software that I can apply to my BCD396XT that will decode this modulation?
Thanks,
Sammy

ilgrant

Just so there is no confusion....the software does not work in the 396XT. The program requires a modification to your radio (a discriminator tap) and a computer running the software.

Bottom line is that you can not apply anything to your 396xt and have it decode Mototrbo.

kma371

QRT
A Discriminator tap on 396 is possible, so to say that he can't decode after a tap isn't correct

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you don't want to put a tap into a brand new XT radio (and who wants to void the warranty so quickly?) I'd get an older radio and put a tap into that....Mike

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Ready and willing...

If you don't want to put a tap into a brand new XT radio (and who wants to void the warranty so quickly?) I'd get an older radio and put a tap into that....Mike

I would like to have a Discriminator Tap put into my 396XT. Is there anyone here talking about this or reading that knows a Hamm operator or a radio shop that will do the work and do the work correctly?

kma371

QRT
I would like to have a Discriminator Tap put into my 396XT. Is there anyone here talking about this or reading that knows a Hamm operator or a radio shop that will do the work and do the work correctly?

From my experience I wouldn't try it as s completely internal function. there is not enough room inside the case for the components.

ruined a 396xt once trying it :)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

Like I said before, Scott, it's probably a better shot to get an older scanner from a pawn shop (or even off our classifieds) and tap that. This way you're not out a whole bunch of green if something goes awry.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.