BCD396XT P25 Icon On Display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
I have a new 396XT with the latest 1.10 firmware. I monitor the local P25 system just fine, but I never see the P25 icon showing in the display, as seen in the "easier to read manual". I seem to recall seeing the P25 icon displayed on my recently sold 996T when receiving P25 transmissions. How do I enable this icon, and any other such as "ENC " or "LNK"?

scanningisfun

I have a new 396XT with the latest 1.10 firmware. I monitor the local P25 system just fine, but I never see the P25 icon showing in the display, as seen in the "easier to read manual". I seem to recall seeing the P25 icon displayed on my recently sold 996T when receiving P25 transmissions. How do I enable this icon, and any other such as "ENC " or "LNK"?
You need to use display mode one. Here are there descriptions:

Display Mode 1)
Shows current voice channel when receiving a channel in the third line of display, or the control channel when not receiving a channel. Also shows LNK, P25, ENC, or DAT for the full Project 25 Systems, or LNK, P25, or ENC for Motorola systems. The second line alternates the channel name with the UID when enabled.

Display Mode 2)
Shows the talkgroup ID in the third line of display. The second line alternates the channel name with the UID when enabled.

Display Mode 3)
Shows current UID transmitting in third line of display. The second line stays on the channel name.

Jacob

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Got it! Thanks

I believe I had set my NC Freescan file from the NC forum to Display Mode 1.
If you want email me your Freescan file and I will help you tweak it if need be.
Good to see you here in the Uniden forum brother!
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.