BCD396XT Preemptive Priority on Multiple TGs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

county

Premium Subscriber
Hi-

I noticed the BCD396XT will preempt a TG on only the first priority-flagged TG in the scan-list. If there is a second priority-flagged TG, it won't preempt on this one, even if there's no activity on the first priority-flagged TG. I do know both TGs are setup as priority TGs on the Motorola system I'm scanning. If I remove the priority from the first channel, and only have it enabled for the second channel, preempt will work for the second channel. It would be AWESOME if the radio had the ability to rank and preempt multiple preempt priority TGs. I know that there are Motorola radios capable of doing this (a priority-1, and priority-2 function). Does anyone know if there's a way to make the BCD396XT operate in this fashion, or would it require a firmware revision?

THANKS!

Mike

county

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE! I'm not sure if my originally reported observation about this was due to user error, or upgrading the firmware (to 1.08.14), but I'm now finding preemptive priority to work on multiple TGs in a ranking fashion. . as long as the TGs are in the desired rank order at the beginning of the scan-list. IMPRESSED! I'll sure miss this feature when the system I monitor converts from analog to digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.