BCD396XT-Problem with uploaded channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

car7858

Hello,
I recently purchased a serial port to USB adapter for my Uniden scanner and it is working fine as far as connecting to the scanner & Freescan.
However, when I load the P25 frequencise for my area into the scanner, the scanner shows the frequencies but dosen't receieve them.
Also, I noticed that when I do commit to uploading them into my scanner, none of the memory is used.
Can anyone tell me what setting(s) I might need to change in order to load my local trunked frequencies into this scanner correctly?
Thanks!

rocksteady

Hello,
I recently purchased a serial port to USB adapter for my Uniden scanner and it is working fine as far as connecting to the scanner & Freescan.
However, when I load the P25 frequencise for my area into the scanner, the scanner shows the frequencies but dosen't receieve them.
Also, I noticed that when I do commit to uploading them into my scanner, none of the memory is used.
Can anyone tell me what setting(s) I might need to change in order to load my local trunked frequencies into this scanner correctly?
Thanks!

Want me to send you my file.. we live in the same area?

Attachments

• KeepThisOne996xt.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 59

car7858

maybe you need to assign to a scan list? not sure how the unidens work tho

Sounds good to me, maybe someone will come through this post and tell me how to assign them to a scan list.
I deleted the original frequencies that I had from my local area (Macomb County, Michigan), thinking that when I uploaded them the second time I would have an updated list.

car7858

Want me to send you my file.. we live in the same area?

Hello Rocksteady, good to hear from you again.
I can load the right frequencies into the scanner and the scanner shows that they are in there, but I don't receive any calls at all, even though the scanner is searching through those banks listed under macomb County.
I still need to download a WinRar license as I wouldn't be able to unzip those files you sent me without it.
I believe the problem is a particular setting in the Uniden BCD396XT itself that must have been mistakenly altered enough to stop those channels from loading into my scanners' memory, again even though they do show when I manually search them.

rocksteady

Hello Rocksteady, good to hear from you again.
I can load the right frequencies into the scanner and the scanner shows that they are in there, but I don't receive any calls at all, even though the scanner is searching through those banks listed under macomb County.
I still need to download a WinRar license as I wouldn't be able to unzip those files you sent me without it.
I believe the problem is a particular setting in the Uniden BCD396XT itself that must have been mistakenly altered enough to stop those channels from loading into my scanners' memory, again even though they do show when I manually search them.
pm your e-mail to me. i'll send it unzipped.. make sure control channel does not have a check in it too....

car7858

Rocksteady,
Allright, thanks to your info and help, my scanner is working fine and I am impressed with the way you made the alpha tags more understandable, not to mention the different color schemes for certain locales. Thanks a bunch & I'm certain that when I need info & maybe some accessories in the near future, I will be in touch with you.
Man, even the sound (reception) is 100% better!
Can't beat this Radio Reference forum!

rocksteady

Any time I can help anyone, I will. This forum has been a great resource for me. I hope that I can help out my fellow scanner friends whenever I can.

Rocky

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.