BCD396XT Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

toybreaker

Premium Subscriber
Is it feasable/possible to search for trunking systems not knowing any info about them in your area?

RR import from Freescan - anytime i do an import i never hear anything. Anyone else have this issue or have any idea what I am missing? I have the local SD police channels but only because a kind soul on this board added there info to my freescan file :)

When I was going on a cruise i read a tip to scan both PL and DPL but didnt have time to learn how to do that before I left. Now I have returned and would like to better understand how you folks set this up on your scanners.

Is there a real time chat anywhere for scanner folks? IRC maybe?

Thanks again :)

captclint

Mentor
There are lots of trunking systems already found at the bottom of this page San Diego County, However, you need to specifically do a file import, RadioRef Trunked (not Conventional) to get one or more of them. Since SD is trunked San Diego City 800MHz Trunking System, you could have gotten them on your own using the steps above. Since you already have this system, be sure to NOT select that for import.

As for the PL/DPL search, you select that by going to the frequency listing in the group. Under the column "tone" click on the dropdown and about halfway in the list is "search". Select that to search for tones if none is downloaded from RR import.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
When you're not hearing anything on a known active system, your first thing to check would be your quick keys. In the trunking world, you need one for every group that has talkgroups, and at least 1 per site.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.