BCD396xt trunk tracker feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

08GMC4X4

I have been using the close call feature quite often lately and I have been getting "hits" on what I believe are control channels. My question is: When the scanner stops and starts receiving the "weird" noise (what I believe to be a control channel) I don't know how to store it into my scanner. The scanner is obviously a trunk tracker. I don't know how to use this feature and I have read the manual. I would think that it would automatically pick up and tg's on that system. I know this is a really rookie question but, I would like to be able to listen to trunked systems on the "fly". For instance, if I head to another county that I don't have pre programmed, how can I program it as if it was a conventional system.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
The 396XT scanner isn't a very user friendly unit to use on the fly so to speak. It might be a trunktracker but when your close call hits on a frequency you can store that freq into memory by just following direction on the screen. If its a control channel and your out and about (without access to a computer and have to program by hand) then you have to program that control channel into your unit as a trunked system and have to go thru all the tedious steps for it to trunk properly.

kilowa22

I have been using the close call feature quite often lately and I have been getting "hits" on what I believe are control channels. My question is: When the scanner stops and starts receiving the "weird" noise (what I believe to be a control channel) I don't know how to store it into my scanner. The scanner is obviously a trunk tracker. I don't know how to use this feature and I have read the manual. I would think that it would automatically pick up and tg's on that system. I know this is a really rookie question but, I would like to be able to listen to trunked systems on the "fly". For instance, if I head to another county that I don't have pre programmed, how can I program it as if it was a conventional system.

You can listen to trunked systems on the fly using custom search but not using close call.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Note that most Close Call hits that sound like control data noise are pager systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.