bcd396xt trunking activity indicators turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
I know how to change display modes to the trunking activity mode but why am I not seeing multiple bars when I know there are more than one radio user using the system. I just get one blinking bar at the point where the control channel is. I'm monitoring Motorola Indiana SafeT system if that helps to answer the question. Have something to do with c-ch only turned on?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
This feature is no longer supported in the XT models. In it's place are the UID display modes if you select display UID from the menu.

spooney

Display activity indicators still works on the XT models if you turn off Disp. Unit ID in the settings menu and then use disp. mode 3. Also remember you have to enter all the freq's for a system not just the CC only.

Last edited:

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I could get the display indicators to come on but it's only "one indicator" that blinks...Just the control channel. No other channels are "indicated" with a marker like before on the regular 396T. With UID turned off.

spooney

That's correct. The other channels are shown as dashes (-) across the display until one or more becomes active, then a box will appear in place of the dash. Do you have CC only turned off?

Last edited:

del1964

Premium Subscriber
That's my point exactly........no other channels ( that I know are active ) ever come up. No other bars besides one ever shows up. The function does not work on the XT like mentioned above. Correct UpMan?

del1964

Premium Subscriber
C-Ch only can't be turned off on the BCD396XT as far as I've been able to find out. There is no menu on the 396XT to turn it off. It's in Freescan as an option but if you unselect it and then re download scanner info back into FreeScan, it has C-Ch only selected. I am near 100% certain that the latest firmware update took away the ability to have C-Ch turned off "unless" my issue is just a Indiana SAFE-T Motorola Type II smartzone omnilink 9600 baud system "reason/issue".

spooney

I just found that out. Sorry for the confusion. It only works with an Edacs system and not Motorola.

RickLeb

I just found that out. Sorry for the confusion. It only works with an Edacs system and not Motorola.

Are you saying the activity indicator doesn't work on Motorola systems, or are you just replying to the previous comments about the ability to turn off the c-ch only mode.

On page 119 of the 396XT PDF file, it says that on Motorola systems, the order of the indicator corresponds to the order of the frequency programming.

Like the OP, I have also noticed that only the #7 indicator flashes on the trunking activity display. (which corresponds to the control channel on my system)

Can someone confirm if the trunking activity feature shoud work on a Motorola system.?

Thanks
Rick

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Are you saying the activity indicator doesn't work on Motorola systems, or are you just replying to the previous comments about the ability to turn off the c-ch only mode.

On page 119 of the 396XT PDF file, it says that on Motorola systems, the order of the indicator corresponds to the order of the frequency programming.

Like the OP, I have also noticed that only the #7 indicator flashes on the trunking activity display. (which corresponds to the control channel on my system)

Can someone confirm if the trunking activity feature shoud work on a Motorola system.?

Thanks
Rick
This is from the complete reference:
"In Motorola systems, it is the order of the frequency programming.
*This mode does not work for EDACS SCAT Systems."

But I can tell you that I have NOT been able to get it to work on Indiana's motorola SAFE-T system.

Status
Not open for further replies.