BCD396xt Will Not Receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

BainbridgeGA

Premium Subscriber
For some reason my scanner will not, for the vast majority of time, receive any traffic. From time to time I can get some traffic and sometimes all traffic. I know because I monitor the traffic from broadcastify at the same time.
Programming is not the problem because I do receive sometimes.
I am less than a mile from one of the 2 main towers.
Could my radio need some kind of repair?
Thanks

JamesO

Check weather, CB and Broadcast FM.

I have a 996XT that a mixer or something went in it.

Picks up CB and Low Band FM, but Broadcast FM, NOAA weather and anything higher in frequency is bad.

Something did short in the radio, it would not boot, but after many boot/start attemps, it finally would power up. Then I found that only low band VHF and CB band worked on the radio.

Also make sure the Attenuator is not on either for a specific channel, channels or globally.

Try a different antenna as well.

I have not had time to look at it further, may just send it in for repair?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Try Menu>Weather Operation>Weather Scan. The scanner will attempt to receive all of the weather service frequencies, including those mentioned above.

If you do not receive any weather broadcasts, your scanner probably needs repair.

teufler

do you own a transmitteer. A cb, a ham 2 meter, frs, gmrs. Put a frequenct in that you can transmit, transmit the carrier, not too close, FRS is fine cause you can go down to mw's of outout. You also might try a factory reset as we have all hit a button that we did not remember. In the easy to read manuals they tell you the steps as Uniden hides these steps.

KW4HKY

Try Menu>Weather Operation>Weather Scan. The scanner will attempt to receive all of the weather service frequencies, including those mentioned above.

If you do not receive any weather broadcasts, your scanner probably needs repair.

Heed this advice. you would have to be at least 50 miles away of any NOAA station not to work. This fix scans all weather frequencies.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.