BCD396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruiz02

After using a BC796D for several years, I just upgraded to BCD396XT.

I figured I'd get more use out of a scanner if I could take it with me instead of leaving it at home.

I can't believe how EASY it is to use\program. Proscan and Radio Reference made it TOO EASY.

Anyway, I'd like to know more about the 396XT but I can't seem to find a manual. The CD is unlike anything I have seen before. Good info but does not really help out. For instance...

What kind of speaker\headphone connection can I use? Stereo? Mono? Size of the connection?

Now that I'm writing this, I can't think of the other questions I have... I'm sure I'll remember later.

Can anyone help with the speaker connection question? A better manual?

W4DOJ

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There are two printable solutions for BCD396XT documentation:

1) SiteExport < UnidenMan4 < TWiki is a complete export of the web-based instructions to a PDF (it is >1000 pages).

2) BCD396XT < UnidenMan4 < TWiki, look for a link to the "Complete Reference." This pdf is a couple of hundred pages and documents all of the scanners functions (but it is not instructional like the site...).

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
For external speaker, you should note that the jack is designed for 32-ohm ear buds. It is not designed to drive a speaker. However, it should work well with most amplified speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.