Bcd396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdemmons

I recently purchased this unit because of upgrades in my area to the radio system to a P25 system. But from day one I have had trouble receiving transmissions clearly. On some of the frequencies I get a pretty high ERR rate to the point where it can not be understood, I have moved this unit around my house, even outside where I am about 1 mile line of site to the tower, no better. I have driven around the county near different towers, no better. I can pick up other types of systems, and unfortunately we only have this one P25 system in my area to test with, so I don't know how others perform. I am just frustrated at this point with spending so much and it not working most of the time.

I have tried also to make adjustments to the P25 adjust level, it got a little better, but still not what I would expect, I also have tried different antenna's with only marginal difference between them.

I also emailed Uniden 5 days ago with no response. I plan to call them tomorrow but if someone else could help or tell me I'm not insane and it should work better than it is I would appreciate it.

It is also worth noting I work in fire/rescue, I've had one of our radios sitting right next to my scanner and it works perfectly fine, and while I understand it costs about 5-6 times what my scanner does, in my opinion they should receive nearly the same. Thanks in advance for any help. Oh and if it matters I'm in Washington County, MD if anyone else has a scanner on the new system here.

kdemmons

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I finally got a reply from Uniden who stated my scanner was bad, so I returned it, got the new one same problems. I have checked the firmware, it appears to be the latest, 1.08.14. And rmosier, I checked all those things to no avail. Since I work in EMS here I talked to radio maintenance and they stated they had some trouble lately with our area but they have since fixed it. So now I'm thinking of trying a better antenna, although being 1-2 miles line of site to the tower I shouldn't need it I would think. Any suggestions on antennas or other ideas I can try? Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.