BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyishere

Hello all,

Recently acquired a Uniden BCD396XT and have a few questions that I cant seem to find the answer for.. Even though I havent looked too hard.
Is the BCD396XT able to pick up the Ohio MARCS system? Specifically Clark County, OH. The City of Springfield is switching from an EDACS ProVoice
system to the MARCS system. I currently have the BCD436HP for the EDACS and already set it up for MARCS, but I just came was gifted an old
396XT.

Thanks

tvengr

Well Known Member
The BCD396XT will receive the Ohio MARCS system which is P25 Phase 1. The 396 is capable of only Phase 1. It will not receive Phase 2. Your 436 will receive P25 Phase 1 & 2.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

Recently acquired a Uniden BCD396XT and have a few questions that I cant seem to find the answer for.. Even though I havent looked too hard.
Is the BCD396XT able to pick up the Ohio MARCS system? Specifically Clark County, OH. The City of Springfield is switching from an EDACS ProVoice
system to the MARCS system. I currently have the BCD436HP for the EDACS and already set it up for MARCS, but I just came was gifted an old
396XT.

Thanks
Yes.
MARCS is a P25 Phase I system, which your 396XT can handle.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Yes. I have both the 396T and 396XT and both receive MARCS. What they don't do very good is Simulcast. I use one for a feed and it can't be moved

Status
Not open for further replies.