Bcd436 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
obviously I'm new to this scanner. Anyone have any recommendations on which type of recharge batteries are best,? I hear you can't ug it in and listen and charge simultaneously. Ty

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Everyone has their own preferences.

It's been brought up here many time. Do a search and you'll find all kinds of info on rechargeable batteries.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
obviously I'm new to this scanner. Anyone have any recommendations on which type of recharge batteries are best,? I hear you can't ug it in and listen and charge simultaneously. Ty
Here's a search on the General Scanning forum, regarding batteries.

I prefer the Eneloop batteries, as they are not prone to self-discharge (going dead without being used).

You are correct. For the 436HP, you cannot charge the batteries while you are scanning. You'd be better served by getting a couple sets of batteries, and charging them in a good external charger. You'd want one that can charge batteries singly, instead of only two, or four, at a time, which is common on many of the chargers included with a set of batteries. The better chargers, besides charging batteries correctly, can also do a "refresh" on the cells, which may extend their useful life.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I use EBL 14500 li-ion batteries, but that requires modding the scanner to run them in parallel instead of series. I can get 13 hours of runtime though...

Status
Not open for further replies.