BCD436 Channel hold on a multi-site system

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
Another possibility is you are monitoring a multi-site system and the dispatch TG appears on 3 or 4 sites; call them A, B, C, and D, and you are monitoring site A. Then, when they switch TG's, only 2 or 3 units will switch, and they are affiliated with B and C. Your scanner, not being affiliated, doesn't know it needs to change sites. and stays on A. Then you resume scanning, and your radio finds the new TG on one of the other sites.

I see this all the time on Colorado State Patrol (P25 SmartZone system). The dispatch TG is on my strong local site (and others), and two units switch to a tac channel. However, they are not affiliated with my site; they are in another area, and affiliated with that site. Until I rescan, I won't hear them.

ChrisABQ

Interesting Curt. Just as I was reading your post, I saw APD (city PD) valley dispatch talking on site 2, then after the 2 sec delay, continue talking on site 3. Now this area command usually talks on site 3 as this is the city site, as site 2 is county traffic heavy. Is there any way to remedy this to follow the TG over all sites?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Is it possible that dispatch TG is customarily carried on multiple sites?

Answering some of these questions would require using 2 scanners, each held on a different site.

ChrisABQ

Not all traffic is simulcast on both systems. There are 2 sites, one (site 3) has 4 towers, all in the city down in the valley. The other site (site 2) has 3 towers, located on top of 3 different mountains, they are in elevated positions to handle county activities in the further reaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.