BCD436HP/BCD536HP: BCD436 Clock Reset Status - Question for UPMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechTom

I have a BCD436HP portable. I have been reading again on Radio Reference about the clock reset issue and mine has the issue. I need to reset the clock each time I turn on the scanner. I've had this scanner for a quite a while, and it may have been in the first series out from Uniden. I never took the time to have the clock issue repaired. Now I would like that done. Is Uniden still doing that at "no charge"? Or, will my delay of several years cost me $$ ?

I have been reading again on Radio Reference about the clock reset issue and mine has the issue. I need to reset the clock each time I turn on the scanner. I've had this scanner for a quite a while, and it may have been in the first series out from Uniden.
You may not know this but UPMan passed away in 2019

I'm sure @JoeBearcat or another member can answer your question.

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
Mine was sent to Uniden just as the "No Charge" offer was ending... That's been up a year or more now but I am sure you can still send it to Uniden to repair the clock issue but they'll charge you.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD436HP portable. I have been reading again on Radio Reference about the clock reset issue and mine has the issue. I need to reset the clock each time I turn on the scanner. I've had this scanner for a quite a while, and it may have been in the first series out from Uniden. I never took the time to have the clock issue repaired. Now I would like that done. Is Uniden still doing that at "no charge"? Or, will my delay of several years cost me $$ ?
Hey Tom how are you, I see that you are in Columbia County, I'm in Bucks. It's interesting that you've been a member since 2007 but only have 11 Posts so it's obvious that during that long period of the clock issue and then Paul's protracted battle with cancer and his passing in late December of 2019 you very well may not have been on the Forum.

It took a lot of angst and back and forth to finally have that repair campaign started as it was an issue that many members had, I have long felt that we should have had a free repair campaign for the SDS series also but that's for another conversation.

There was also another issue that if you mentioned it, when you sent your radio in, for the free service campaign they would repair that also and that was the dim screen on the 436 and the 536, I'm curious, is your screen not as bright as it was when you first got your radio?

If so, I would indicate that also in addition to the clock issue and I believe they can repair that and give you a nice bright screen back.

TechTom

Hey Tom how are you, I see that you are in Columbia County, I'm in Bucks. It's interesting that you've been a member since 2007 but only have 11 Posts so it's obvious that during that long period of the clock issue and then Paul's protracted battle with cancer and his passing in late December of 2019 you very well may not have been on the Forum.

It took a lot of angst and back and forth to finally have that repair campaign started as it was an issue that many members had, I have long felt that we should have had a free repair campaign for the SDS series also but that's for another conversation.

There was also another issue that if you mentioned it, when you sent your radio in, for the free service campaign they would repair that also and that was the dim screen on the 436 and the 536, I'm curious, is your screen not as bright as it was when you first got your radio?

If so, I would indicate that also in addition to the clock issue and I believe they can repair that and give you a nice bright screen back.

trentbob I am on the forum nearly every day, even more so since Columbia & Montour Counties (now ECEN) switched to P25 P2. I read most of the Pennsylvania news but don't post very often. I bought a new SDS100 scanner and I read the Uniden forums because of that, looking for information from other users. (Tricks of the trade so to speak.) I'm preparing to sell my BCD436 which has never been outside since it was new. Not sure why I bought a portable! It's in perfect condition. I want to sell it with everything working properly which is why I want the clock issue fixed. I never had an issue with the display, but I'll ask them to take a look at it while it's there.

73's KC3AUB

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
trentbob I am on the forum nearly every day, even more so since Columbia & Montour Counties (now ECEN) switched to P25 P2. I read most of the Pennsylvania news but don't post very often. I bought a new SDS100 scanner and I read the Uniden forums because of that, looking for information from other users. (Tricks of the trade so to speak.) I'm preparing to sell my BCD436 which has never been outside since it was new. Not sure why I bought a portable! It's in perfect condition. I want to sell it with everything working properly which is why I want the clock issue fixed. I never had an issue with the display, but I'll ask them to take a look at it while it's there.

73's KC3AUB
Yep both my 436 and 536 developed a dim screen within about 6 months of buying. I think it was more prevalent on the 536.

Having owned the 436 is such a big plus learning the SDS 100.

Your 436 with the clock repaired and in like new condition should sell very fast:).. 73s.. Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.