BCD436 HP Screen Cover Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4ELL

Feed Provider
Has anyone else noticed this problem with their 436?

I noticed there was some lint/dust on my screen and attempted to wiped it off with a lint free cloth. After it didn't come off, I noticed that there were several small dust particles between the clear outer screen cover and the actual screen. I then started looking to see where the dust could have gotten between the cover and the screen and noticed that the upper left and upper right corners where the screen cover meets the case were actually loose. I blew a little bit on each corner and sure enough, the case fogged up on the inside of the screen cover.

In the picture, I circled the dust particles that are actually under the front cover. The red arrow denotes where the cover and case are separating and allowing dust inside the cover.

436.jpg

mrkelso

Yes i noticed the development of new dust particles now inside my screen.

Ed6698

That is not good. I had a cell phone one time doing this, after some time the whole cover was about ready to fall off and did eventually.

whsbuss

More and more reports of Uniden's QC being sub-par. For $499 you would think they could ensure more quality than this. I'm sensing another recall...... hey UPman can you hear me now?

Status
Not open for further replies.