bcd436 HP - service call types

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuelc001

Hi - Has anyone noticed that the call types selections have all been taken away on the scanner? I just did an update and you can no longer select to monitor any service types but law talk.

Is anyone else having this issue?

kd7eir

Hi - Has anyone noticed that the call types selections have all been taken away on the scanner? I just did an update and you can no longer select to monitor any service types but law talk.

All the service types work just fine on my 436.

You can only select service types that are programmed in your favorites lists, so if your favorites list has everything set to law talk, that will be the only type that you can select on the scanner.

lost_in_maine

I assume you are using individual favorite lists? or DB?
I had a similar issue on a HP-1 a couple years back..turned out it was the SD card..I hit it with programming again on a new card, and has been fine since...I'd try to update with Sentinel first, before I suspect the card....

cuelc001

I didn't know that when the scanner is on a "favorites" channel and it is scanning , the service types that are associated in your "favorites" channels will only be the ones that are made available.

I checked it out and added an EMS "favorites" channel to the line-up and sure enough the EMS service type was available.

If you do a full database scan you will see that all service types are available.

Thanks -

phask

Premium Subscriber
I didn't know that when the scanner is on a "favorite

If you do a full database scan you will see that all service types are available.

Thanks -

Not true either. Only the service types that it currently loads, based on location and range will be available. Plus only those selected in your profile.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Partly true. When listening to the main database, I can't select Canadian railroad frequencies, because I don't live within listening range of any part of Canada. But if I uncheck "Ham" in the profile in Sentinel, that just toggles "Ham" to Off in the Select Service Types menu, because there are Ham database items within listening range..

lost_in_maine

i never use "location control" or the DB..on my 536
I use all favorites lists, and as long as that favorite is enabled, and you have set the Proper Service Type...The associated Service Type will always be on... Is the same with my HP-1...

Status
Not open for further replies.