BCD436 is the king of P25 simulcast monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
Find a Phase II system and see if you still have the same results.

I've had no problems with P25 Phase I but, Phase II systems are horrible.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Find a Phase II system and see if you still have the same results.

I've had no problems with P25 Phase I but, Phase II systems are horrible.

I've used mine on the new P2 system in Pima County which is about 100 miles to my south - we visit the area regularly to hang out with my in-laws. Thankfully we all get along. :)

The scanner did what I'd call "okay" on the new system. For the most part, it worked well, but sometimes there would be a popping noise during transmissions and button presses were quite laggy during P2 decoding. It must take quite a bit of the scanner's CPU to decode those systems. Hopefully a future firmware update will include some optimizations to improve the performance of the scanner when scanning a P2 system.

I'm going to be back down there again in a couple weeks. If I get time, I'll post a video of the scanner decoding their Phase 2 system for folks who might be curious how well it works.

-AZ

garys

Premium Subscriber
Good to know. A friend of mine lives in Pima County or near it, I'm not sure which. He has a PSR800 that he bought a couple of years ago. He asked me if it would work on the new Pima system, but I didn't really know the answer. Actually I'm still not sure what to tell him about that. Will the PSR800 work?

I've used mine on the new P2 system in Pima County which is about 100 miles to my south - we visit the area regularly to hang out with my in-laws. Thankfully we all get along. :)

The scanner did what I'd call "okay" on the new system. For the most part, it worked well, but sometimes there would be a popping noise during transmissions and button presses were quite laggy during P2 decoding. It must take quite a bit of the scanner's CPU to decode those systems. Hopefully a future firmware update will include some optimizations to improve the performance of the scanner when scanning a P2 system.

I'm going to be back down there again in a couple weeks. If I get time, I'll post a video of the scanner decoding their Phase 2 system for folks who might be curious how well it works.

-AZ

AZScanner

Good to know. A friend of mine lives in Pima County or near it, I'm not sure which. He has a PSR800 that he bought a couple of years ago. He asked me if it would work on the new Pima system, but I didn't really know the answer. Actually I'm still not sure what to tell him about that. Will the PSR800 work?

Yep, it should work fine with the latest firmware update that enables P2.
-AZ

garys

Premium Subscriber
Yep, it should work fine with the latest firmware update that enables P2.
-AZ

I may have to fly out there to do that for him! He went from an older scanner that he programmed by hand to the PSR800 a couple of years ago. The thing he liked the most was that he didn't have to do anything but put his zip code in and change a couple of settings.

AZScanner

I may have to fly out there to do that for him! He went from an older scanner that he programmed by hand to the PSR800 a couple of years ago. The thing he liked the most was that he didn't have to do anything but put his zip code in and change a couple of settings.

Check with a user named Flano on here, he may have a file for the PSR-800 you could load for your buddy. I don't have the PSR so I can't help you out with that one. I've just heard from him and others in the AZ forum that it works well on the new system.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.