Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
I Received one of the first shipments of the 436, and have read, and can
tell from using it, there are problems.

One question I have is this:

Is the software for this unit included with the 436, or must it be purchased and downloaded?

The most marked problem I have experienced is this:

When using the Zip Code scan feature, the scanner misses conversation by about ---0.5 -1.5--- seconds.

This is, however, resolved if you create a Favorite List.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has Uniden addressed the above-mentioned concern?

Thanks.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
The 436, like the 536, in zip mode, scans all sites on a P25 system, within the range you have set in the scanner. If you select 20 miles for example, and the site has a range of 20 miles, the scanner will try to lock on it at 39.99 miles, which is probably out of range. Since it spends time going from site to site, trying to lock onto them, it will miss the beginning of some transmissions. In order to aleviate that, you can set your scan range to 0 miles, and AVOID all the sites you are unable to pick up. This should dramatically speed up your scan speed, which should keep you from missing the beginnings of conversations.

The Sentinal software is free to download from Uniden to program the scanner, as are the database updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.