bcd436 site wildcard ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesO

I have been asking about something like this as well.

Not sure my request is the same as the OP, however, I see the need for at least 2 options related to Service Types.

A Service Type (Wild Card/Always Monitor) that will never be filtered or turned off, only way to avoid something programmed this way would be to Lock Out the channel or turn off the option with Quick Keys.

The other option would a simple toggle based "All Service Types". This feature would allow an operator to easily toggle between the configured Service Types and quickly enabling all Service Types.

This feature would be very helpful instead of going though each Service Type, enabling each one, then remembering which Service Types to turn off.

Example of when this may be useful, later at night or during low activity periods, being able to easily toggle all Service Types on to easily monitor all traffic, then an easy toggle back to the previous Service Type settings.

With approximately 30 Service Types to individually change many of these Service Types, and keep track of them, is not so quick or easy.

Remember, I see Service Types as "filters" to limit monitoring based upon the setting.

k8mab

Example - would like to here all activity (talk groups) that go thru a specific site (tower) without entering talk groups or service types.....

Stealthguy05

ID search seems to be the best way to achieve what you seem to be asking. What exactly you mean by "Wildcard" I have no clue.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
"Wildcard" actually is a GRE/RS scanner term for Unidens "Search" which receives "ALL" TG,s in a trunk system rather than selected ones....It does not pertain to menu or feature items like "All Service Types", but what the OP is referring to is a good idea where you can include in a system all the radio options??

JamesO

I would find an "All On" or "All Off" option for service types extremely useful...

Agree, BUT the "All Off" really needs to be "All As Before" or something other than a true "All Service Types Off" otherwise "All Off" would yield "Nothing To Scan" message on the scanner screen which is rather frustrating and confusing the first few times this happens.

I assume this is what you meant by "All Off" but to keep everyone from getting confused on this issue, I try to make it very clear what is needed.

A simple software toggle between your normal Service Type settings and "All Service Types On". Because there are over 30 Service Types and it is impossible to remember your "default" settings with 30+ options.

This is really a MUST have option in my opinion.

All of these software filters are great, however, there needs to be flexibility on being able to quickly and easily bypassing the software filters for many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.