BCD436HD and Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob142

Hello, I no longer can receive simulcast broadcasts on the 700mhz band. Others are fine. Does this scanner pick up that simulcast band, it used to for years. I would like to know before I return unit for repair or consider the new one.
Thank You
Robert Watkins
Sorry, forgot to mention, it picks up the main frequency and the department shows on the screen, but it does not switch to the simulcast channel. Split second and it bypasses and scans. Locks are all off, did complete redo on database and programming. Simulcast frequencies are all matching main database. While listening, when it worked, the audio started to fade, crackle, intermittent, and once in a blue moon, it picks up. Signal strength bar is 100% full.
Time for repair?

Last edited:

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Rob: If it works on everything else, it is definitely not the hardware (repair).

It's either as someone said, now encrypted, or something else has changed.

What is the system info?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Sorry, forgot to mention, it picks up the main frequency and the department shows on the screen, but it does not switch to the simulcast channel. Split second and it bypasses and scans.
I assume you are monitoring the Bucks Co Public Safety system. The database shows that the dispatch talkgroups are clear, but all of the tac tackgroups are encrypted. A capital E means full time encryption. Here is the link to the system: Bucks County Public Safety Radio Network Trunking System, Bucks County, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

bobs

Premium Subscriber
All the Bucks County police channels are currently encrypted. Once the protests end
the channels will revert to the clear mode. The police have the ability to encrypt during critical events....

Status
Not open for further replies.