BCD436HP 3.5mm myths and/or facts?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

giant22000

BCD436HP 3.5mm jack myths and/or facts?!?!

Lets end some of the misinformation and confusion of the 3.5mm jack on the BCD436HP.

Myth or Fact:

1. Don't turn the volume up to much on the BCD436HP as the internal amplifier might damage the input on the receiving device (self-powered computer speakers, aux input in vehicles, etc...)

I believe this to be a myth. What would be the point in having a 3.5mm output if you couldn't turn the volume up to acceptable levels without the risk of damaging equipment.

I also feel like this "myth" may have evolved from a statement saying that if the speakers aren't powered, the output of the BCD436HP's 3.5mm jack does not have enough power to push the driver (speaker) and then the BCD436HP would risk damage to the 3.5mm jack from excessive current. Is this right?

2. The 3.5mm jack is a stereo ouput and do not plug in a mono jack into the BCD436HP as it could short out one side of the stereo jack.

I believe this to be the gospel as I read this posted from UPman.

It would be safe to use a stereo to mono adapter without the risk of damage to the BCD436HP. Is this true???

OK, I've seen variations of the above statements twisted and worded to the point where I think there might be a bit of misinformation floating around out there and I'm starting this thread to try and help clear this up as I'm sure there are a lot of people like me that are going to us the BCD436HP on the road and would like to take advantage of an amplified speaker be it one that deticated to the scanner and hardwired into the car and simply input it into your car's aux input. Thanks in advance for help clearing up this subject.

UPman, would appreciate if you could chime in this discussions as well.

Take care.

Last edited:

giant22000

Hmmm... Figured a few people might want to chime in.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.