BCD436HP/BCD536HP: BCD436HP $337.35 on Amazon Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
The 436HP still has the battery charge issue. Correct? We have to leave it on for about 48 hours to charge. Correct?

theskee

Got it

Just got one $340.oo +tax say it will be here tomorrow Sunday from Prime.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The 436HP still has the battery charge issue. Correct? We have to leave it on for about 48 hours to charge. Correct?
If you are thinking of the "charge for 50 hours" that was the original instructions, before the repair campaign to correct the units that weren't maintaining time, that appears to be no longer necessary. Sure, it would not hurt to do it, but the redesign has much improved the way this is now handled.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
That was for the original units. I purchased one last summer and have never had it plugged in. I charge the batteries externally. The clock works fine.

I would be cautious purchasing from Amazon sellers they have been known to sell returned/refurbished units.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I was just coming here to tell you all the same. I just pulled the trigger, but I hate that they charge RI taxes now.

dcisive

Dang I have to admit I'd add one to my 536 if I had the extra cash laying around. Indeed when you get it directly from Amazon as the seller and NOT a 3rd party it's relatively assured it's brand spankin new. That is one heck of a price indeed. Oh well. Maybe they will offer that again down the road.

Rred

If you put something in your Amazon cart, and then move it to "save for later", it will be OUT of the cart, but on the "saved" list. And then if you are using the Amazon software on an Android or other device, you should get a "flash sale notification" or other message from Amazon when and if the price changes, for any reason, as long as the item is still on the saved list.

FWIW.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Here is how Amazon destroys markets. One 3rd party seller apparently had 1 unit they wanted to get rid of. So, they listed it for $373, which is well below the wholesale cost. But, this guy was not in the scanner business and just wanted it out of his inventory. Amazon matched his price. So, he lowered it again. And Amazon again lowered to match. And again. Until the price was at a rediculous low price of $338. At which point someone finally bought the one unit they poor guy was trying to dump. Meanwhile, Amazon is $150 below market price and continues to sell at that low price even after that one seller went away. This destroys guys like Ham Station, HRO, Scannermaster, and similar who actually support the customer and the industry who cannot hope to compete.

Similar issue compounded right now for the BC125AT. Two fraudulent store fronts were put up on Amazon selling a lot of stuff including BC125AT for $79.99 (well below wholesale). In this case, the sellers had no product. They were pure fraud. But, they were able to keep the store fronts up for several days, during which not only did Amazon match their price, but Target.com and Walmart.com did likewise. It has been a month, and the Amazon price is still $83, as they are now matching Target and Walmart who are matching Amazon. Meanwhile, no one in the actual business can hope to compete.

Rred

Nice theory, but Amazon does not have a simple blanket "we'll match any price" policy. I've known a number of items, reported some of them to Amazon as being higher than other quite legitimate web merchants, and Amazon hasn't changed a thing.

Of course there are unmonitored robots [sic] that automagically muddle the waters at Amazon, it is possible someone accidentally or intentionally tripped a robot that lowered the price, although it would be unlikely to lower it below cost.

And there are bogus merchants who pop up on Amazon now, with impossible prices and "special" terms where they send you a totally fraudulent letter from Amazon directing you to buy an Amazon gift card and forward the numbers to them. Pretty much like sending money via Western Union, it is gone. And Amazon expresses no interest in those scams.

As Crazy Eddie used to say, "We lose money on every sale, but we make it up on volume." [sic]

Status
Not open for further replies.