BCD436HP alpha tag question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

From looking at screenshots of the BCD436HP I see many lines of alpha tags. I am trying to figure out exactly what each alpha tag is for. Please tell me if this is correct:

Starting from the top and using the four thin lines that run horizontally across the display as a reference:

- Large text below the first thin horizontal line: Favorites list alpha tag
- Small text above the second thin horizontal line: System name alpha tag
- Large text below the second thin horizontal line: Department alpha tag
- Small text above the third thin horizontal line: Site alpha tag
- Large text below the thrid thin horizontal line: Channel alpha tag
- Small text above the fourth thin horizontal line: Service type

rwier

From looking at screenshots of the BCD436HP I see many lines of alpha tags. I am trying to figure out exactly what each alpha tag is for. Please tell me if this is correct:

Starting from the top and using the four thin lines that run horizontally across the display as a reference:

- Large text below the first thin horizontal line: Favorites list alpha tag
- Small text above the second thin horizontal line: System name alpha tag
- Large text below the second thin horizontal line: Department alpha tag
- Large text below the thrid thin horizontal line: Channel alpha tag
- Small text above the fourth thin horizontal line: Service type

I believe there are at least two options in the radio and probably the software (Sentinel) that effect the answer to your question.

However, having just received my new 436 (not up to speed, lol) I will try to report what my screen looks like using your above method.

- Two lines of large text below the first thin horizontal line: System name alpha tag
- Small text above the second thin horizontal line: Favorites list alpha tag
- Two lines of large text below the second thin horizontal line: Department alpha tag
- Two lines of large text below the third thin horizontal line: Channel alpha tag (guessing, based upon above, only one line in use)
- Small text first line above the fourth thin horizontal line: Service type
- Small text second line above the fourth thin horizontal line: TGID:

I assume you have no questions as to above the first thin horizontal line, and below the fourth thin horizontal line?

I have made changes in red. It was somewhat difficult because none of my lines reflect RR Data text as they have all been edited to my desires. I had to go into the software and see what my entries were. Also, I have poor eyesight, someone may correct my attempts.

Last edited:

Tim-B

Okay, thanks. I was wondering about this as I read the manual and I am planning out in my head how I will program the scanner. Just my inquisitive nerdy analytical mind at work.

marksmith

It's also effected by what display mode you use, which can add or subtract a line.

-- Oops... that is the 536.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

rwier

I was surprised by the three sets of large double line text area. One could really get creative with System, Department, and Channel renaming.

Tim-B

I just grabbed that picture off google images and added the text and arrows with paint.net. The pic might be one by one of you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.