BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Bcd436hp and dmr talkgroup question

richardbritt

Database Admin
Hi, I have a bcd436hp with both the dmr and nxdn upgrades. I have several dmr transmitters around where I live. I found one is using cc1 and slot 2, but I didn't see a talkgroup listed on the display. I did hear the transmission clearly and it worked fine, but is there a way to read the talkgroup?

By the way, I also plugged in my ham dmr Hotspot frequency in the scanner and it works better than using my 2 meter dmr ht for scanning multiple talkgroups in the ham band. Those talkgroups I know, just not the ones for commercial users.

Thanks everyone

Regards Richard

Ubbe

Make a new system and select the type to be DMR One Frequency. You can add as many frequencies you want or split them up to one frequency per site. Now you will see TG's as well as user ID and name them and configure delay times and do avoids to your liking. Set system options to have IDSearch.

/Ubbe

richardbritt

Database Admin
Thank you, I will do that. Also what exactly is the delay time for? Maybe for the scanner to figure out what type of emission is needing to be decoded? All the transmissions don't seem delayed or missing the start of the transmission. Would changing it to something else than 2 seconds do anything? Don't know if you or anyone else has experimented with that.

Regards Richard

Noseybody

Thank you, I will do that. Also what exactly is the delay time for? Maybe for the scanner to figure out what type of emission is needing to be decoded? All the transmissions don't seem delayed or missing the start of the transmission. Would changing it to something else than 2 seconds do anything? Don't know if you or anyone else has experimented with that.

Regards Richard
The delay is for the end of the transmission, before it starts scanning again so if someone responds within that time you don't miss it.