bcd436hp and HP2

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
-
If it were a problem with the software, others would be seeing it as well... many others.

As has been a solid piece of well proven advice since the first release of the Home Patrol 1 in 2010, whenever the SD card scanners start doing something unexpected, always suspect the SD card first. It's one of the easiest causes to rule out, and more often than not it's been found to be the cause. Maybe it won't be the cause in your case, but it's important to at least rule it out.
duly noted ill pop in a new sd card when i get home and let you know the results. but i still dont see how thats connected to the fact a system isnt showing up in the RR database anymore and some of my TGIDs are blank and when i try to manually punch in the exact TGID from RR it says its invalid...

RMason

Premium Subscriber
... I have about 30 systems in my favorites, and I noticed some of them were missing TGIDs, they were just blank. The 436 Sentenial is not blank ....

Please give an example of:
  • one of the systems that is giving you a problem
  • specific TGIDs that are missing
Since the problem seems to be in the database in your Sentinel for the HP2, have you confirmed that you have updated the database in Sentinel - and that your database is up-to-date? What is the date of the database in Sentinel?

mc48

Premium Subscriber
The TGID's need to be in DEC not HEX, HEX will give you an Invalid ID warning in Sentinel.

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
Please give an example of:
  • one of the systems that is giving you a problem
  • specific TGIDs that are missing
Since the problem seems to be in the database in your Sentinel for the HP2, have you confirmed that you have updated the database in Sentinel - and that your database is up-to-date? What is the date of the database in Sentinel?
Yes i checked to see if both the database and the firmware are up to date. Under "BearCom Canada- PushPlus Network" for example, theres a department called "Ottawa Business" as well as "Ottawa Delivery" and "Ottawa roads" among others. Every single channel was randomly stripped of its TGID and the space is blank. When i delete it from favorites, and go back to the full database to add the whole system back, its not there at all. Completely vanished. There are about 75% less systems now. The scanner used to say there was 2100 channels to scan and now it says a number under 400. I have no idea what the hell is going on.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
BearCom Canada- PushPlus Network is a DMR system. The HomePatrol 2 does not have the availability to decode DMR - thus it is not included in the HomePatrol Sentinel database (as mentioned in post #12). BearCom Canada will show up in the x36HP Sentinel, but not in the HomePatrol Sentinel.

Can you give an example of a system that is not DMR that is giving you a problem?

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
BearCom Canada- PushPlus Network is a DMR system. The HomePatrol 2 does not have the availability to decode DMR - thus it is not included in the HomePatrol Sentinel database (as mentioned in post #12). BearCom Canada will show up in the x36HP Sentinel, but not in the HomePatrol Sentinel.

Can you give an example of a system that is not DMR that is giving you a problem?
But why did it show up before? It was in there previously, i just couldnt hear anything. Weird. But that makes sense. Its a shame the HP2 doesnt do DMR but at least the systems near my home dont use dmr, and the HP2 is my "base station" scanner connected to the discone mounted to my balcony. So it doesnt leave the house. When i go to school and i want to monitor security and facilities, i need dmr because thats the system theyre on. And i have the dmr upgrade on my 436hp.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
BearCom does appear in the main HP database. I just looked at mine and it shows up under county systems and shows three locations.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
BearCom does appear in the main HP database. I just looked at mine and it shows up under county systems and shows three locations.
Which Sentinel version/scanner are you seeing it in?

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
Yeah but it's not for me. That's what's pissing me off. It's GONE. If I open up Sentenial for the 436hp, it's there no problem.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Shows up in both versions, under Ontario, Renfrew, County systems. Latest update on 2/05/23

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
Shows up in both versions, under Ontario, Renfrew, County systems. Latest update on 2/05/23
Not for me. That's my beef. I've reinstalled the software, everything. It just packed up and left.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I just checked both versions of my Sentinel (both with a database date of 2/5/2023).

My BCDx36HP Sentinel version (green badge) under Ontario --> Ottawa --> Statewide shows DMR systems BearCom Canada - PushPlus Network...
also under Ontario --> Ottawa --> County Systems it shows DMR systems BearCom Canada - Algonquin College, and BearCom Canada - Renfrew/Ottawa.

My Home Patrol Sentinel (orange badge) under Ontario --> Ottawa --> does not show any DMR system entries at all for BearCom Canada under the Nationwide, Statewide, or County Systems headings (as expected).

Both versions of Sentinel do show 2 BearCom entries under Ontario --> Renfrew --> County Systems... BearCom - Canada Foymount, and BearCom - Canada Pembroke. The RR database shows those 2 systems as analog LTR systems, not DMR... and as such, those 2 systems would be listed in the Home Patrol version of Sentinel as well.

The BCDx36HP Sentinel shows an additional third entry under Ontario --> Renfrew --> County Systems... BearCom Canada - Renfrew/Ottawa. that is not shown in the Home Patrol version of Sentinel (as expected) because that is a DMR system.

mciupa

Not seeing any updates on both of your threads about your HomePatrol 2 issues. Did you return it?

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
Sorry to be off subject here but I am wondering if there is an Ottawa (only) forum.

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
I thought all Home Patrol (I & II) radios did not support DMR? Maybe this is the reason that with sentinal you do not see the listings for DMR.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I thought all Home Patrol (I & II) radios did not support DMR? Maybe this is the reason that with sentinal you do not see the listings for DMR.
That's correct, the Home Patrol 1&2 do not support DMR. That is the reason why those DMR systems do not appear in the Home Patrol version of Sentinel (as explained above).

The DMR systems do appear in the BCDx36HP version of Sentinel.