BCD436HP and TRX 1 noise/static

Status
Not open for further replies.

skolener

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone i recently purchased this two new scanners as an upgrade of my BC125AT. I'm having difficulty scanning Los Angeles sheriff without hearing additional noice/static on them. The thing is that this only happens when It's an FM/NFM transmission. My 125AT doesn't have this problem the voices actually come out clean. I have tried three different antennas RS800, radio shack center loaded ham/scanner antenna and Diamond (Original) RH77CA and non seem to make a difference is it the way I'm programming my channels or the radios are not capable of scanning FM clearly. LAPD's P25 traffic come out very clear.

ChrisABQ

With digital (LAPD P25), it's clear or you don't hear it. It's just that way. Analog is quickly becoming a thing of the past. These scanner makers are concentrating on the newer digital technology rather than the old analog.

In my area, the city is all digital, but it's an aging EDACS ProVoice system, soon to be replaced by P25 I'm sure. Fortunately for me, the entire surrounding area is and will remain analog and has just updated to simulcast systems. My trusty BCT15X will have a life long into the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.