BCD436HP Battery Charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbock

Charging issue

Not being a lawyer, I fail to understand what the legislation is in Califirnia regarding charging in my BCD436HP except to say i don't live in California. I have a HP2 that somehow both allows listening to and charging the batteries at the same time, as long as you provide a 1 amp AC adapter with 5 v USB output. If you useva 500 ma adapter you then can't do both. If Uniden can do it with a HP2, they can do it with a 436. I have never owned a handheld where you have to be worried about estimating the length of charge yourself. This is nuts. It is also nuts to have to remove the batteries each time to charge. The rather poor quality contacts will not hold up. I don't think the battery cover will hold up to continuous removal. I bet the next handheld successor will have the option like the HP2. As to nimh batteries overheating while charging, I have never seen this happen in any equipment. Not enough to melt anything. Again, everyone who has been in this hobby for many years knows that RS, AOR, and even UNIDEN have made handhelds that allow charging and listening.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Ok I should have stated this last night my post was based on a post I read WHICH WAS WRONG. It has been posted by UPMAN POST #28 it deals with the usb 500 mil standard not the Calf standard. Sorry I post bad information.

Status
Not open for further replies.