Bcd436hp battery compartment

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

Good Afternoon,
I have watched all the videos on this along with reading all the post, what I would like to know does aluminum foil work on the battery compartment door ? Some say it does and some say it don't, I am only talking the aluminum foil not the copper tape.

Thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Install C1 is most effective.
Then copper tape.
Then aluminum foil.

Aluminum foil helps, but is not the most effective option.

k3fs

C1 will fix the issue. It is the only solution that helps in VHF high band as well.

Aluminum and copper will not help in the VHF high band. They do help in UHF. Copper is better than Aluminum. There is wide variability in results, and may require more than one layer. This is due to the wide variability of materials used.

ChrisABQ

I use several layers of aluminum foil and it's back to normal. Also, get an aftermarket antenna utilizing the included SMA to BNC adapter, which will cause enough room between the radio and antenna base to remove most of the interference.

rwier

After reading a few of these posts, I purchased a roll of copper tape . Then I realized that I have never used batteries in my 436. Is it possible that the absence of batteries would negate the need for any copper tape?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
IIRC, the voltage regulator IC that generates the UHF noise regulates battery power, sol if you don't use batteries, the UHF noise is not generated.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
After reading a few of these posts, I purchased a roll of copper tape . Then I realized that I have never used batteries in my 436. Is it possible that the absence of batteries would negate the need for any copper tape?
The issue is with the board behind the battery compartment. Rather or not batteries are used is irrelevant. I used three layers of copper tape and UHF and VHF High reception are perfect.

jason51

W8RMH,
Did you just put that tape on the door? Or on the back side of compartment also? Can you share any pics?
Thanks

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone kave the link to the original discussion on this I don't off hand. This has all been discussed pictures and all try to find the original thread on the matter. We discussed this at great length already on the forum.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Yes! That's it Thank You sir. Anybody looking for info on this topic should read the above thread first. A lot of good people have already taken this problem on and found solutions.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

scannersnstuff

someone mentioned the serial number that your guaranteed to get a c1 capacitor. anyone remember what it was ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.