BCD436HP Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone else have issues with battery life with this scanner. I just put brand new batteries in it yesterday and less than four hours later I get a beep telling me the batteries are low. The amount of money I spend in batteries makes me with I went with the 536 instead. Even rechargeable batteries seem to drain quickly.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
If you get the rechareable batteries, don't use the internal charger. Get a "smart" charger. I use the Maha C9000 pro. This model just came out. It replaces the C9000. The new one works almost exactly like the old one. It has a little smaller footprint and some minor settings changes but it works great.

seesharp15

Premium Subscriber
Yeah.... FWIW I just order the bulk AA batteries from Amazon. Lasts about a month Or 2

on the plus side, as long as I have batteries I don’t have a dead radio...

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
I have 3 packs of Amazon AA rechargeable batteries, just like Bugkiller above. I use a Maha C9000 charger and rotate as necessary. I do get much better than 4 hours on each pack. I would go with KK4JUG's suggestion about the Maha C9000 pro. Also, if you use it in the car, keep a spare charging cable with a DC USB charger in the glovebox.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
FYI: Higher mAh batteries tend to have fewer recharges in them. Your batteries might have 500-600 recharges whereas a 2000 mAh battery might have as many as 1000 recharges. That's simply the nature of the battery. It seems to have worked well for you.

daddyjohn

Does anyone else have issues with battery life with this scanner. I just put brand new batteries in it yesterday and less than four hours later I get a beep telling me the batteries are low. The amount of money I spend in batteries makes me with I went with the 536 instead. Even rechargeable batteries seem to drain quickly.

That is the nature of the beast. I only have the light come for a few seconds when something breaks the squelch and I have no alerts set. And I still change out a set more frequently than I think I should be. Would have been nice to add another cell but it is what it is. I only use rechargeable batteries and only charge out of the scanner with external charger. I have used several different brands of rechargeable batteries and from now on I am only using IKEA LADDA 2450 batteries. At $6.99 for a 4 pack plus the fact that they perform just as good as eneloop pros, they are hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.