BCD436HP Battery Save Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

nategb

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what the "battery save" option on the 436 does besides saving battery life. Would one get better reception with it on/off? It is only mentioned as an option on page 32 of the manual and searching the forms did not come up with anything.

rgore

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I've been running mine with it on since I got it. Just turned it off to see if it made any difference. Doesn't seem to, so I'll be turning it back on. Hopefully that helps answer your question.

-AZ

I have the same question, what exactly does it do to save battery and what are the possible side affects of using it.

Your answer resolves all the questions I had.
Thanks!

trunker

Does anyone know what the "battery save" option on the 436 does besides saving battery life. Would one get better reception with it on/off? It is only mentioned as an option on page 32 of the manual and searching the forms did not come up with anything.

Turns off RF power for 1 second and turns it on 300 ms to extend the battery life in Channel Hold Mode for a Conventional System (without Priority Scan), and in any Search Hold mode when there is no transmission over 1 minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.