BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwd57

shipping boxes

If I ship my 536 and 436 in for recall in their original boxes, will I get them shipped back in my boxes or will I loose them?

divison200

Shipping

They do not want the boxes the radio came in,( slows down the process) just pack them in a regular shipping carton with packing material. There is a good chance you will not get them back.

Last edited:

pwolsko

Repair of my BCD536HP

I shipped my scanner off about two weeks ago per instructions provided - got it back a few days ago. The clock battery issue has been resolved. I also had the screen dimmer issue, but I did not mention this when I sent it off via a note in the packaging - that also seems not to be an issue after having been running the scanner, so perhaps they caught that as well. I run mine at one step from no display, and have not noted any dimming past that.

They did OK as far as I am concerned.

Paul W.

kwd57

I need to come up with a good way to package both scanners before I submit the request.
I thought the original boxes would have been optimal, but I guess not.

Isaac-1

Well I guess I get to join the club with my 436HP, up until today it was holding time for about 3-4 days, but twice now today it has lost time within 4 hours.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I sent in request for two 536HPs to be returned and received confirmation #5688. Today I received notification from Uniden and site to print labels. However, only one label was available for a 5 lb shipment, obviously for only one scanner. Are these being done apart for people with more than one unit, or is the "only one label" I received an error, and I should have received two?
Went and sent one scanner today in the meantime. Can anyone please advise. Thank you.

wise871

Database Admin
Send in both under 1 label. There is not a separate label for each scanner. Regardless if you send in one, two, or three. The weights going to be the same. Both scanners in a box will be close to 5 pounds give or take. UPS did not charge me extra. I can't believe you did that :eek:. Now when they log in your reference number they will only have one of two scanners.

1. Do not use original box to mail them back.
2. Do not mail back any accessories.
3. Send in the scanners you listed in the campaign under the same UPS label. You do not get a separate label for each one. The UPS label has your info and reference number on it. The reference number is what tracks your scanner serial# to you.

I paid for my own box and bubble wrap from Walmart, Uniden paid the UPS shipping.

Last edited:

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Well looks like I screwed up. Anyway, I got another label when went through process again. Sent each scanner in separate box each with same confirmation number. Each
box about 4.4 pounds. Oh well, I assume Uniden will figure out. Only one Steve AA6IO at the address given.

wise871

Database Admin
Well looks like I screwed up. Anyway, I got another label when went through process again. Sent each scanner in separate box each with same confirmation number. Each
box about 4.4 pounds. Oh well, I assume Uniden will figure out. Only one Steve AA6IO at the address given.

Yep, Only one Steve AA6IO :wink:

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
How long is it taking?

I have been signed up for the repair campaign since October 8 and have not been notified Uniden is ready for my scanner yet. How long are others experiencing for the wait?

Rick

wise871

Database Admin
I have been signed up for the repair campaign since October 8 and have not been notified Uniden is ready for my scanner yet. How long are others experiencing for the wait?

Rick

If you have a 436 listed than it has been stated that you will not receive a shipping label until December when the 436 parts come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac-1

Does anyone know exactly what is involved in this repair for the 436HP? Since they are waiting on parts I assume it is something more complex than adding a jumper wire and an external backup battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.