BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundman

I have been waiting .Thy said thy need to get parts for BCD436HP ..Then send use a email.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Ditto. I'll send my 536 and 436 back at the same time once I receive notice that the 436 parts are in.

I have been waiting .Thy said thy need to get parts for BCD436HP ..Then send use a email.

mjs438

Premium Subscriber
UPMAN

I haven't experienced any issues with my scanner. Does Uniden know what serial numbers are affected. My serial number for my scanner is 375Z48004556?

If my scanner is affected I would like to know so I can get the fix also.

Thanks

Voyager

I don't think they know of specific S/Ns that are affected. But, the campaign might give them some insight into that.

You will know your unit is affected if the RTC loses time immediately or the display is too dim to read on HIGH.

Isaac-1

Mine started only keeping time for 2-3 days, then a few days later it was down to 1 day, then a few mores days later and it was down only keep time for a few minutes.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
To help out mjs438, Serial numbers below 48002600 have been affected for this adjustment

There have been no serial number ranges published for this repair campaign.

The serial number you are referring to might apply to the headphone repairs campaign from last year.

Last edited:

kc2kth

Still waiting here for my invite to send in my 436, I only submitted the request on around 12 October though so I was a bit late.

JoeyC

Still waiting here for my invite to send in my 436, I only submitted the request on around 12 October though so I was a bit late.

Well since it has already been stated that the parts for the 436 weren't due in until the first to middle part of December and today is only the 1st. I don't think you are late.

mjs438

Premium Subscriber
I sent my scanner in for repair on 11/30 since I could not determine if mine had an issue other than the brightness of the display. Which I did'nt realize it was an issue until reading about it, and I noticed it could be brighter. Counting the days missing my scanner.

troymail

Silent Key
I sent my scanner in for repair on 11/30 since I could not determine if mine had an issue other than the brightness of the display. Which I did'nt realize it was an issue until reading about it, and I noticed it could be brighter. Counting the days missing my scanner.

Hmmmm.. did you send it in as part of the repair campaign or separate from that? Given your comment, if sent in as part of the repair campaign, I'm curious to learn what happens.....

mjs438

Premium Subscriber
Troymail,

Sent as part of the repair campaign since no one could tell me if me scanner is impacted. Figured Uniden would know so I submitted request with the serial number they sent me a notice to ship scanner to them. So that tells me they know they scanner has an issue At least they will check it out and repair if necessary Paid to much money for scanner not to have it checked out and fixed if necessary.

Voyager

It's easy to test. Is the display unreadable on high brightness? If you turn the scanner off and on again, does it tell you the clock settings were lost? If you have either of these, it is affected.

mjs438

Premium Subscriber
I had set the brightness to high and it seemed to get brighter and it was readable but it still looked dim. I had nothing else to compare it to since I only had the one scanner. Clock issue I do not have.

marksmith

It's easy to test. Is the display unreadable on high brightness? If you turn the scanner off and on again, does it tell you the clock settings were lost? If you have either of these, it is affected.
Am I confused, or what?
My understanding is you can send them in if you have the clock issue. The screen dim issue is being treated as a byproduct of the clock issue.

If we don't have the clock issue but have a dim screen, are we now supposed to send in? I have been waiting for the go on screen only.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.