BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFCJR

They want you to send them your scanners in one box if you have more then one to be fixed to save them money. They sent me one shipping label for two 536 scanners I was sending in for the RTC issue. So I sent them in one box. They sent them back to me in two separate boxes at the same time. Anyway, They had both fixed in one day (RTC, Headphone Jack and new LED's on both) and the round trip back here to Connecticut was just over two weeks.

AC2OY

My 536 went in last week and should be at the repair center today or tomorrow. It is a very early release model and qualifies for the headphone jack repair as well....but it went in for the clock issue.

Just curious, whats the average turnaround time for the repair..and has anyone been hit with brokerage fees from ups once their scanner is returned to them ..Canadian returns only...

Chris for me I can speak...it took about 15 days total turnaround and no charge. They fixed my RTC,headphone jack,and my LED. They also sent me a nifty Uniden pen in the box as well.😃

ve3zo

Ok thanks...it got to the repair center yesterday. I was hoping to have it back before Christmas but since I'm not paying for the shipping or repairs I won't rush it.

I have the 436hp to get me through.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have the 4/536hp waiting on label so I can send them off. I see some people are sending off the 436hp. I haven't got my slip to fix both. My reference is #5402.

dmaria

I have the 4/536hp waiting on label so I can send them off. I see some people are sending off the 436hp. I haven't got my slip to fix both. My reference is #5402.

I have both and I am awaiting repairs also. Haven't heard anything from Uniden either (but then, I am not surprised at that).

garys

Premium Subscriber
I think they are spacing out the returns a bit so that scanners don't sit in the queue in repair for long periods of time. I received my label and shipped my scanners in onr Dec. 4. The package arrived there yesterday and was logged into repair early this morning.

My guess is that they are issuing labels and repair tag numbers (or whatever they call them) in the order the requests were sent in.

I have both and I am awaiting repairs also. Haven't heard anything from Uniden either (but then, I am not surprised at that).

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Got my email as well. Damn I miss my radios. The HP2 just ain't the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wise871

Database Admin
What hurts is UPS delivered my 436 on Tuesday but they didn't log it into the repair center until Friday (today). So it sat for two days. I should have it back before next Friday if all goes as the 536 did.

mjs438

Premium Subscriber
I sent my scanner in for repair on 11/30 since I could not determine if mine had an issue other than the brightness of the display. Which I did'nt realize it was an issue until reading about it, and I noticed it could be brighter. Counting the days missing my scanner.
Got notice today. Scanner has been repaired and shipped by UPS.. Expect to see it by Wednesday

ve3zo

How quick was it between the time the repair center received it and when you received the email that it was sent to you.

wise871

Database Admin
There is always a few days difference between when Uniden actually received and when they log it in as received.

dsalomon

Premium Subscriber
I got my label on 12/3 and shipped it the same day. It didn't get there until 12/10 (a WEEK from Georgia to Texas...REALLY!?!). It was logged into the repair center yesterday, just one day after receipt. which impresses me. They're obviously spacing out the return labels so that they don't have units just sitting around waiting in queue for a long period of time. Now, the question is how long will it take to repair? I'll report back when get an update. I expect that will be Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully, they won't undo my discriminator out modification on my 536. I hadn't gotten around to doing it on my 436. I'll do it when I receive it back from Uinden.

I also plan to tear down my Icom IC-R20 this weekend to do the discriminator mod. From reading about other people's experiences, that's a particularly hairy mod, so I'm looking forward to doing it ("particularly hairy" = more fun and challenge :).

73 - David, AG4F

mrkelso

They turned my 536 around in a week. No information yet on my 436 ups left it on the dock last week.

garys

Premium Subscriber
About 24 hours for my 536 and 436. Arrived at Uniden sometime on 12/10 and logged in with a notice sent to me on 12/11. Like others, I'll check the status on Monday to see if they've done the work yet.

Shipping is UPS ground and of course this is the busiest time of the year for them. I shipped mine on 12/4, so it's about a week travel time.

There is always a few days difference between when Uniden actually received and when they log it in as received.

mjs438

Premium Subscriber
Any reason my antenna connector would be replaced? (did not report as an issue)

I understand the other parts that werew replaced.

Parts Used
ANTENNA CONNECTOR
FIRMWARE UPDATE
BATTERY MODIFICATION
D415 D416 D417 D418

wise871

Database Admin
Any reason my antenna connector would be replaced? (did not report as an issue)

I understand the other parts that werew replaced.

Parts Used
ANTENNA CONNECTOR
FIRMWARE UPDATE
BATTERY MODIFICATION
D415 D416 D417 D418

Probably they noticed it needed repair. This just means there doing a very thorough job looking over the scanner.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I take that as an encouraging sign that they are being thorough and not just rushing through the repairs.

Probably they noticed it needed repair. This just means there doing a very thorough job looking over the scanner.

ve3zo

I guess once the units are repaired the service center doesn't want to see them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.