BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I'm about in the same position as BodFish.

I shipped my 436 on 12/23.
It arrived on 12/30.
Today 1/7, I got an email saying "Your repaired unit has shipped".

On my status page:

Estimated ship date: 1/20/2016

The only thing in the "work in progress info" is:
12/30/2015 unit has been received.

Does it take a while for the status page to update what they did with it? I would like to know the repairs they did. This has really got me confused!

Voyager

Likely they replaced the backlight LEDs and did the "RTC modification". I have yet to read exactly what that modification is.

But, technically, they are replacing the whole board, and not just those parts as they report on the repair slip. That allows a much faster turn around time.

ezdropper

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the repair status of the 436's I sent in, they all say issue was "Distorted Audio" and parts used was "Control Board Modification". Hopefully the RTC issue was fixed, I'm sure it was. Can't wait to get them back up and running again.

Last edited:

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I shipped my 436 on 12/28.
Because of the holiday it arrived 01/04.
Got email saying it was accepted 01/05.
Just received email today (01/07) saying it is repaired and being shipped back.

Think I will have to call Uniden tomorrow. Mine also arrived on 01/04 per UPS page, but no e-mail about any receipt. The status page keeps stating to send in scanners. Glad some of you have got them back and they seem to be working well.

seiren

The UPS shipping is for UPS ground only. How did you complete the application with zip code and phone# if your in Japan? Did you use an APO address??

I cannot fill UPS form.
and I need solution for this problem.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the repair status of the 436's I sent in, they all say issue was "Distorted Audio" and parts used was "Control Board Modification". Hopefully the RTC issue was fixed, I'm sure it was. Can't wait to get them back up and running again.

That's exactly what my status page says. I guess that's their standard response. I should be getting mine back on Monday (1/11/16) by end of day.

wise871

Database Admin
I cannot fill UPS form.
and I need solution for this problem.

It's not going to let you. Your in Japan. Your probably out of luck unless you mail the scanner to someone in the US and have them send it in for you or you pay the shipping yourself to the Dallas repair facility. But then Uniden may not ship it back to you in Japan unless again you pay for the shipping both ways.

Isaac-1

Same thing here, just received my shipped notification with complaint "distorted audio" and parts used control board modification. I too hope they fixed the real time clock issue.

Anyone else get this notice today?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It was just an incorrect code entered on the repair record. I believe if you'll check the status again tomorrow it will show the correct repair info.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
Excellent Service!! Cudo's to Uniden!
Sent the 436 off, Mon. 1-4 ,They got it Wed. 1-6. Just got an
E-mail today showing it shipped for home.

Lets hope the repair is as good as the Service.
And thanks' to you UPMan for your service and help for us!

Not to mention the BS you put up with.
Tom

Citywide173

Sigh....Uniden was on their game, turned the radio around in about an hour. UPS on the other hand....originally said delivery would be December 30th, on the 30th it was changed to January 4th. Was home and by the door all day on the 4th, no UPS-checked the webpage and found that it was supposedly delivered to my front door at 2PM. Filed report via email, was told sorry, you have to call us. Called, gave them all of the info and was told it would be an 8 day investigation. Received a call from the investigator today, saying that he was going to notify Uniden of the lost package and I would have to deal with them directly from here on out. I have a feeling that I'm gonna be out a $500 radio.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
Sigh....Uniden was on their game, turned the radio around in about an hour. UPS on the other hand....originally said delivery would be December 30th, on the 30th it was changed to January 4th. Was home and by the door all day on the 4th, no UPS-checked the webpage and found that it was supposedly delivered to my front door at 2PM. Filed report via email, was told sorry, you have to call us. Called, gave them all of the info and was told it would be an 8 day investigation. Received a call from the investigator today, saying that he was going to notify Uniden of the lost package and I would have to deal with them directly from here on out. I have a feeling that I'm gonna be out a $500 radio.

That's exactly why I waited until after the Holidays.
Put up with the clock issue for a year, so another week or so was a no brainer.
Besides my go to portables are the BCD396xt and the 325 P2.

Good luck on your shipping issue.
Tom

Isaac-1

Citywide173, I went through something much like this with UPS a couple of months ago with a somewhat expensive package, after a couple of conversations with the depot manager who spoke with the substitute driver that delivered it and references to " behind building by side door" I was thankfully able to find my package behind the vacant / abandoned building next door on the corner which technically does not even have a street address on my street and has no markings.

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
My 436 was received by Uniden on Dec 22. Yesterday got notified it was shipped. Today UPS says it is due to be delivered by end of day January 12. That's pretty quick considering the holidays in between. Weird service information as reported by others: Distorted Audio and parts used was Control Board Modification

Citywide173

Citywide173, I went through something much like this with UPS a couple of months ago with a somewhat expensive package, after a couple of conversations with the depot manager who spoke with the substitute driver that delivered it and references to " behind building by side door" I was thankfully able to find my package behind the vacant / abandoned building next door on the corner which technically does not even have a street address on my street and has no markings.

I wish it was that simple. The house is the only one on the odd side of the street between two other streets (in other words, there are streets on three sides of my property) and all houses on the street are marked quite visibly. My neighbors are good and would have brought the package to me if it somehow ended up on their doorstep, as I have done for them. I NEVER have problems with UPS, and was quite unhappy with their "you have to deal with the seller" response.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Uniden call me this morning. Guess the two number situation I reported in post #467 got them confused. It had me confused. Anyway, they said they have received both my 436Hps for repair but that the website takes 5-7 business days to update. Just glad to know that they have both units OK. Not as fast turn-a-round as some of you have reported, but just glad they are there.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Ed,

Generally the shipper must file the claim for damages since they are the party that has paid UPS for the service. Which UPS probably did a lousy job of explaining to you. I'd contact Uniden customer service and tell them what happened. Having the tracking number handy will probably be helpful.

I wish it was that simple. The house is the only one on the odd side of the street between two other streets (in other words, there are streets on three sides of my property) and all houses on the street are marked quite visibly. My neighbors are good and would have brought the package to me if it somehow ended up on their doorstep, as I have done for them. I NEVER have problems with UPS, and was quite unhappy with their "you have to deal with the seller" response.

Voyager

Did you confirm your address with Uniden and/or UPS?

plaws

Premium Subscriber
SRO RETURNS - dangit

Got the notification on 12/30. Sent it off 1/6 and UPS didn't get it to Roanoke until today (should have been delivered yesterday, according to UPS themselves).

But I didn't write "SRO RETURNS" on the box. Think that will kill me, timewise?

Status
Not open for further replies.