BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It will probably result in a massive delay of minutes or even 10's of minutes. :)

Our area at that facility is pretty compact. Not too many other people it would go to...and if it did, they'd notice pretty quickly and walk it the (up to) 50 feet or so to get it to the right person.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Not to mention the BS you put up with.

My favorite BS is the kind where someone says "I've never had to do this with my Whistler radios". OK, great! Then sell your Unidens and spare us your whining. :) I'm not impressed with the 436HP and have said so but Uniden has owned up to the problem with the clock (and some others) and is doing the right thing. <shrug> If you hate it that much, sell your radio. Guaranteed you'll find a buyer ...

UPman must have good drugs ...

plaws

Premium Subscriber
It will probably result in a massive delay of minutes or even 10's of minutes. :)

Our area at that facility is pretty compact. Not too many other people it would go to...and if it did, they'd notice pretty quickly and walk it the (up to) 50 feet or so to get it to the right person.

Excellent! :)

bearcatrp

Am impressed with the detail report as it moves to repair. Kudos to the uniden team. Mine is now currently in the hands of the repair team themselves.
Yeah it sucks what has transpired to get to this point. I think other companies would have cut there losses and moved on screwing the consumer. Uniden did not.

Citywide173

Ed,

Generally the shipper must file the claim for damages since they are the party that has paid UPS for the service. Which UPS probably did a lousy job of explaining to you. I'd contact Uniden customer service and tell them what happened. Having the tracking number handy will probably be helpful.

Al I got was "we have your information and will forward it to corporate." I'm sure corporate is gonna bend over backwards to help me

garys

Premium Subscriber
Uniden will have a lot more leverage with UPS than any individual. I think they'll probably pursue this as losing customer's property is a bad business practice.

Al I got was "we have your information and will forward it to corporate." I'm sure corporate is gonna bend over backwards to help me

Hulca

Just looked at my "repair status page".
It lists as a complaint "distorted audio ".
Any ideas on why that is listed and what was done to fix this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

rooivalk

Checked my status, says "email sent." And it's been that way for two weeks since I shipped it away. Since I didn't write down the UPS tracking, I don't even know if it made it to Uniden (There's no way to retrieve the original shipping tracking number).

Isaac-1

If you still have the original email to generate the pre paid shipping label you can use that to print a new label and get the tracking number from that.

lamarrsy

Premium Subscriber
Hi gang,

Just a quick note to say that I received my BCD436hp back from Uniden repair mid last week; Purolator dropped it last Wednesday (they relay UPS which do not service as deep as here in my neck-of-the-wood), nothing extra to pay.

Everything is now ok (I had the clock problem but not the display problem). My firmware version hasn't been changed as far as I can tell, and maybe it's the fact that I've been parted for a few weeks from my radio but, I could swear that the analog VHF rx has improved by a small bit...

Anyways, thanks Upman for keeping tab on this, the return has certainly been a smooth ride compared to the sending saga ;-)
Cheers!

Voyager

The entire board is changed and re-flashed with your ESN, so it's possible the performance might have improved if your old unit had an issue.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Just looked at my "repair status page".
It lists as a complaint "distorted audio ".
Any ideas on why that is listed and what was done to fix this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mine said the same thing on distorted audio. They both radios wed and sent out Fri getting them Tues

bitstream

Just got my 436 back.

I sent it in with 1.10.02 installed as well as ProVoice enabled.

I received it back with 1.09.02 installed.

Voyager

Actually, it does make a lot of sense if you read what is done.

The board is replaced and is flashed with your ESN. It's not updated, but you can update it and use the same key to re-enable ProVoice. Since the boards were expected in early December, and the latest firmware was only released about that time, it makes sense that it would not have firmware that wasn't released when the boards were made.

UPMan clarified this in this or another thread.

Voyager

I'm sure they can test it without the latest firmware.

Again, this was clarified by UPMan weeks ago, so it's not like it's a surprise.

You say it's trivial for them to upgrade each scanner. I say it's just as trivial for you to do it - only you are updating one rather than several each day, so it's even more trivial for you.

Maybe they should just send all the boards back and get a shipment that has 1.10.02 installed. Who cares if it delays the repair as long as the firmware is the latest. Of course, then you have to hope another new version doesn't come out in the mean time...

Status
Not open for further replies.