BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0KBC

Premium Subscriber
Mine still says "Distorted audio." I'm not particularly concerned but apparently there's still a problem with the tickets.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Looks like they may be out of 436 parts again. I sent both in right before New Year's. My 536 is done, however my 436 is not. Estimated ship date for both units is 1/29.

Voyager

They are constantly putting long ship leads but usually ship much sooner. At least that's what others have reported.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I guess they are giving themselves plenty of wiggle room then. I'll give an update as to when it actually ships.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I got my 436 back yesterday and it is working great now. When I got it back, it had the 1.09 firmware in it again and my provoice update was gone, but updated the firmware and entered the key again. No problem. The back light is working great now and I've noticed that the volume is much louder than before. I use to run it with volume on 10-12, now I run it between 6-8, and it also sounds clearer. Thanks Uniden! I even for my infamous pen!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Shipped mine just after Christmas, received on the 6th, status says received on the 7th and "IN LINE TO BE SHIPPED" on the 7th.

According to the latest email (received yesterday), my scanner has shipped.

Webpage status shows shipped but there's no tracking number. Hopefully that gets updated soon.

I shipped from Canada and the only gotcha was the one page Customs Declaration form I had to fill out. Took about 5 minutes and the package was on it's way.

N7JGN

Premium Subscriber
I got my 436 back yesterday and it is working great now. When I got it back, it had the 1.09 firmware in it again and my provoice update was gone, but updated the firmware and entered the key again. No problem. The back light is working great now and I've noticed that the volume is much louder than before. I use to run it with volume on 10-12, now I run it between 6-8, and it also sounds clearer. Thanks Uniden! I even for my infamous pen!
Hi.. Is the screen brightness any better now with the backlight on? Mine is not good even on High..
Thanks,
Doug

TGP

Premium Subscriber
Sent my BCD 436 off 01-04-2016 for the clock/Date issue, got it back today.
All fixed works Great.
Even came with 1.10.02 still installed.
Wonder if that's the result of only sending the radio minus the SD card as instructed?

Even threw a Uniden pen and Ant. Adapter in!

Thank You Uniden Repair!!
Tom

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Got both the 4/536 back today and I notice the backlight is that tint yellow. Also on the 436 looks new when they put a new board in. My sd card door is not loose as it was before. They did leave my screen protector the one I used from my old iPhone 4 screen protectors on both radios. Only thing I had to do to the 436 was update firmware to get the Provoice upgrade to come up. The 536 I didn't have to do that download.

genemalet

Lifetime Member and RadioReference Board Member
Premium Subscriber
SRO 1995359 Need Help

I need to change the address when you all are ready to ship my scanner back. People are stealing packages and do not want my scanner stolen. Uniden how do I go about doing this?

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
Working again

Got my 436 back today and so far so good. Even a USB error I was having has been corrected. As a bonus I found a bottle opener in the box.

genemalet

Lifetime Member and RadioReference Board Member
Premium Subscriber
I need to change the address when you all are ready to ship my scanner back. People are stealing packages and do not want my scanner stolen. Uniden how do I go about doing this?

Also you have the city spelling incorrect, you spelled it Olantation and the City is Plantation. How do I fix this before you all ship it out

KC0KBC

Premium Subscriber
Just to add to the "results database," my 436 arrived today, so far so good. I did have to re-update the firmware (no bother as far as I'm concerned), but the biggest thing I've noticed is that even though all my favorites lists were there and set on/off as I'd left them, my main FL didn't hear any activity, even letting it scan for more than an hour. I tried re-writing everything from Sentinel and now all seems well. Weird. My backlight is a different hue now.

daveharpe

Mine arrived today. New display which is actually worse than before. Color is an odd sickly looking blue with a greenish tint. Tried adjusting contrast and nothing made it better - Contrast setting around 12-13 seems to be best of the worst.

What's the process for sending it back after this "repair" was done? I mean the display wasn't great before but this is definitely worse.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
Got both the 4/536 back today and I notice the backlight is that tint yellow. Also on the 436 looks new when they put a new board in. My sd card door is not loose as it was before. They did leave my screen protector the one I used from my old iPhone 4 screen protectors on both radios. Only thing I had to do to the 436 was update firmware to get the Provoice upgrade to come up. The 536 I didn't have to do that download.

Is the 536 now the tint yellow too?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
According to the latest email (received yesterday), my scanner has shipped.

Spoke with Customer Service and despite having received an email saying my scanner shipped on the 11th and the webpage showing the status as shipped, my units are still sitting there. Apparently there's some sort of hold on them.

The Estimated Ship Date is 01/28/2016. Hard to believe that it will take 17 days to get a unit ready for shipping?

My guess is that they are waiting until they have a large enough shipment to Canada that they can ship these with. I won't see a tracking number until that consolidated shipment is broken down into individual shipments by Fedex.

I can only hope this is not the case but it seems likely.

Fireboat03

Pepsima1 Duplicate Account
Banned
I have had my BCD996P2 in for repair because of the function knob was scrolling on its own when I was in the menu and my radio has been at Uniden for over 30 days now. Can't even find out the status on the radio either. They tell me that they are working on it. Whatever. I guess its just a waiting game.

omrail

My guess is that they are waiting until they have a large enough shipment to Canada that they can ship these with. I won't see a tracking number until that consolidated shipment is broken down into individual shipments by Fedex.

I can only hope this is not the case but it seems likely.

My 436 was delivered and scanned as Received on the 7th. It has not changed from received yet hopefully soon. So there are at least two shipments to Canada. Two others from Canada have had theirs sent back with out a delay from the sounds of it.

If it is shipped two day back to Canada it could be one shipment to Winnipeg via Memphis then split up.

Status
Not open for further replies.