BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2kth

Thx Voyager, will do. Although maybe it's because I've been using the HP2 exclusively for a couple of months, but the 436 is performing better than I ever recall since getting it back.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Spoke with Customer Service and despite having received an email saying my scanner shipped on the 11th

Both units arrived today.

From a followup email to my inquiry, it appears the units actually shipped about a week ago, not the 11th as the email stated.

Got the bottle opener.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
I noticed a slight problem with my repaired 436. One of my local trunked systems, an EDACS narrow for Verona NJ, comes in with a lot of static. It was pretty noticeable, as I had a strong signal. It wasn't like that before. On the plus side , a lot of VHF high seems to be a little bit better than before. Phase 2 on NJICS sounds the same. I'll update the firmware and see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator

From a followup email to my inquiry, it appears the units actually shipped about a week ago, not the 11th as the email stated.

Got the bottle opener.

Ok, now I'm mad. I was one of the first people to send my 436 in and get it back and NO BOTTLE OPENER!!!

troymail

Silent Key
Ok, now I'm mad. I was one of the first people to send my 436 in and get it back and NO BOTTLE OPENER!!!

Check closely again - I didn't find any plastic thing-a-ma-bob at first -- I was ready to toss the packaging and found a bottle opener tucked inside the packaging....

If you can't find one, you can have mine if you want it - but you'll have to pay for the shipping. :D

WQPW689

Premium Subscriber
Received the 436 today after getting their message they shipped on the 19th. Using it in a darkened room to check readability and it looks fine. The screen color appears to be more of an off white than the yellowish some folks were reporting. Checked all settings, and except for the Provoice Upgrade, which had to be reentered, no problems. Provoice receiving loud and clear. I did take the opportunity to replace the SD card with a Sandisk 16 GB. Hopefully, the only reason to pop the back plate from now on will be to change rechargeables.

Church key went right on my key chain.

omrail

Got the bottle opener.

Good to know. I got a hold of Uniden today and sounds like Canadian shipments are done on Fridays only and was told my unit would be shipped to day.

Vov33

Hi all... I been reading a lot on RR but never posted... I sent my 536 in last week for the dimming display and just to fix what may be wrong with the unit... I also put in the letter about the FUNC knob when turning the knob it wants to skip passed some of the items and makes it hard to work with.. Has anyone else had this problem?.. I also put that down in the letter to be fixed.. It has done this on day one.. Will that be fixed also?

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Uniden Repair

Received mine 7PM Friday night. I sent it in on the 3rd or 4th and it came back the 22nd. Not bad.

The display is an off white, one I can finally see in the car and read without struggling. This helps improve the fonts enough to no erase that as a complaint for me.

I put batteries in turned it on set the clock. Turned it off after a short time, then back on in the morning clock was set no more hassle with that.

That's 2 major improvements, enough to move the radio into the keeper department. I have not used the radio much since buying it at it's introduction.

I sent in a near perfect radio and received the radio in the same near perfect condition. I had to upgrade the firmware, then renter the Pro Voice code. Again no problem, no issues.

Only a few Pro Voice Talk Groups in the next county but since it is the only radio that decodes them it's great to be able to listen to them. Another factor that makes it a keeper.

No bottle opener or pen just the radio, which is all I expected anyway. I'm fine with that no complaint just stating fact,

My other complaints could be fixed in a future firmware update.
Make encrypted available to monitor so we can see the radio ID. Allowing the user to select on or off in the firmware would be perfect allowing both type of users to either monitor the noise or not.

Haven't used it in so long I can't say if the volume between talk groups is better or not.

Like a new radio all over again this time I am enjoying it a lot more.

Les

Received the 436 today after getting their message they shipped on the 19th. Using it in a darkened room to check readability and it looks fine. The screen color appears to be more of an off white than the yellowish some folks were reporting. Checked all settings, and except for the Provoice Upgrade, which had to be reentered, no problems. Provoice receiving loud and clear. I did take the opportunity to replace the SD card with a Sandisk 16 GB. Hopefully, the only reason to pop the back plate from now on will be to change rechargeables.

Church key went right on my key chain.

rcool101

Feed Provider
<snip> <snip> <snip>
ROFLMAO....Sit back and relax...OMG...They won't answer the phone....OMG...They won't answer my email....OMG.....Um I forgot...Oh yes....I read all 33 pages....The race is on Mike....You know you'll be the first to know....:D

elias1988

Feed Provider
Shipped my 536 via UPS on Tuesday night and they should have it tomorrow,unit has gone totally deaf along with the dimmed backlight and headphone jack issue.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
Reference number 6018

I shipped my BCD536HP back to Uniden on Tuesday 1/26 with reference number 6018, they will receive it today!
I already miss it! Its an awesome scanner and looking forward to getting it back.

ColdnFrosty

I received my 436 back from Uniden. Gotta love the bottle opener - how'd they know?

Does anyone have information as to exactly what was done to the radio and what specifically makes this "modification to the PCB" prevent future problems? Thanks.

Voyager

In fairness, Uniden announced at the start of the program that the 436 parts would not be in until December, so a 12/23 ship date isn't the two months it would seem to be.

rcool101

Feed Provider
So how long has it been taking to get the go ahead to ship the radios back to Uniden once you contact them?
For my 536......23 days....From 12/23/15 to 1/15/16... Not bad considering the holidays.... I shipped on 1/19 and they received on 1/22.....Fixed and they shipped 1/28. Its half way home

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.