BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I just got a new 536 the other day, and its a 4800 serial #, wish i could get the new display, so i wouldnt have to worry about it dimming, cause i plain using it on the HIGH setting alot.

Voyager

Contact the seller. Maybe they will work with you.

Who was it, BTW? I'm sure other prospective buyers will want to know.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Contact the seller. Maybe they will work with you.

Who was it, BTW? I'm sure other prospective buyers will want to know.

I may contact them, just to see

I ordered it from Ham Radio Outlet, i would certainly feel better having one made recently

benburke

My 436 just started experiencing this issue (RTC) with the latest firmware 1.10.02 upgraded 01/26/2016. To the best of my memory, I don't recall having this problem with the two previous firmware versions. I submitted the serial number of my unit. I'll wait until I hear from Uniden. version 1.03.00 (when scanner received) no problems; version 1.08.06 installed date: 09/03/2015 no problems; version 1.10.02 installed date: 01/26/2016 Clock resets, why?

gopherit

BCD436HP Internal Battery Issue

My BCD436HP has just started to have this issue, I have to reset tit. when I turn it back on.
I live in Ontario Canada, where do I send it to have it fixed

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
They more than nice with me too, when i ordered it and gave them my money. But when i contacted them asking for a simple exchange for a new model, they wouldnt do a thing to help..seemed like a simple gesture to me, to make a customer happy.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
So, your scanner's clock is not holding time and/or the display has faded? If not, there is nothing to repair at this time (and maybe ever).

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Seems fine now, but basically, id like to know if it has the new Display or no. Been on hold with Uniden for awhile, dont seem to want to pick up the phone..rather put me to sleep with there holding music, and helling me they know how important my time is..ha.

But anyways, hopefully, nothing ever goes wrong with it. Im happy with the product.

wise871

Database Admin
The other day a friend of mine recently purchased the 436HP. His serial is one of the new models. As you can clearly see the scanner on the left is the new scanner and the one on the right is a 436 that was recently repaired under the repair campaign. I hate the new displays. I wish I would have just lived with the battery issue.

Attachments

• IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 661

marksmith

So the question is, does the new scanner have a screen thst will dim over time?

My 436 is still OK and has not dimmed yet, but the screen I would want in the long term is the one that stays bright enough to read.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Bob132

The other day a friend of mine recently purchased the 436HP. His serial is one of the new models. As you can clearly see the scanner on the left is the new scanner and the one on the right is a 436 that was recently repaired under the repair campaign. I hate the new displays. I wish I would have just lived with the battery issue.
Hmmmm, I wonder if colored cellophane or see through colored tape (something like a colored screen saver) over the outer screen would improve the visibility of the screen.or maybe a replaceable tinted outer screen in various colors, one for every day of the week. I can't see the screen on my 536 unless conditions are just right (like after dark or with a map light over the display) I hate the factory display. Maybe Uniden could experiment with the above thought. UNIDEN bling could be a real game changer. ------>Insert smiley face here

budevans

Color Film for BCD436HP

Hmmmm, I wonder if colored cellophane or see through colored tape (something like a colored screen saver) over the outer screen would improve the visibility of the screen.or maybe a replaceable tinted outer screen in various colors, one for every day of the week. I can't see the screen on my 536 unless conditions are just right (like after dark or with a map light over the display) I hate the factory display. Maybe Uniden could experiment with the above thought. UNIDEN bling could be a real game changer. ------>Insert smiley face here

Here's a link to a post about installing color film in a 436:
http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-advanced-technical-topics/313087-mult-color-screens.html

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber

Yeah, i cant read the 536 either, unless i use the camera on my phone, i've got bad eyes to begin with...but regardless, i mean, i've got cordless phones in my house, that have displays on them at are 99% easier to see than the 536...There is no doubt that there are many different easier to read displays they could have used. Maybe a black background, white letters, or white, with black BOLD letters, something..

Status
Not open for further replies.