bcd436hp boot file

Status
Not open for further replies.

minasha

I have a bcd436hp had no sd card when i bought it. I bought a new sd and formatted it with fat32.
When i turn on scanner it says "sd card error clear data" but when I go into sentinel it never sees the scanner.
I can't clear the data even if i select load all drives still no good, it cannot go into mass storage mode.
I don't see how putting a new formatted card into the scanner will allow the scanner to see it.
Here's my idea:
Can someone with a 436hp copy the contents of their sd card and pm it to me,
It will have the boot up inf. file and I can write it to the sd card using my computer then putting
the card into my scanner should bring it back to life.
Does this make sense

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Put the card back into whatever you had it in when you formatted the new card.
Then use the Clear User Data option again and also make sure and check the box to Show All Drives again, then hit refresh and see if your card shows up.

This should work. Then put the card back into the scanner and start creating favorite lists!

Last edited:

minasha

Put the card back into whatever you had it in when you formatted the new card.
Then use the Clear User Data option again and also make sure and check the box to Show All Drives again, then hit refresh and see if your card shows up.

This should work. Then put the card back into the scanner and start creating favorite lists!

The Clear User Data option with show all drives box checked does not work it does not see the new sd card period. I hit refresh but it doesn't see the card

kruser

Premium Subscriber
The Clear User Data option with show all drives box checked does not work it does not see the new sd card period. I hit refresh but it doesn't see the card

Something odd is going on then.
Don't use Windows to format the card. There have been several threads in the Uniden forums where windows does not always format the card correctly. This may be what is going on.
Download and install the SD Card Formatter from this site: Home - SD Assoiciation

Then format your card again using this formatter and see if Sentinel will now see the card. FAT32 is the correct type.
They say to run the formatter as an Administrator also.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I just formatted successfully with SD Card formatter 5.0 still no drive visible on sentinel clear data with box checked for all drives.

Might try a different USB cable, and also an external card reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.