BCD436HP Buy locally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

giant22000

Hi there, I'm fixing to go out of town this Thursday and have been thinking of replacing my pro-106 with a bcd436hp. I'm wanting to purchase locally as I do not have enough time to have one shipped to me before Thursday.

I have access to basically all the big box stores in my location. Does anybody have any idea where one of these scanners can be purchased locally? Thanks.

Eng74

Is there a Ham Radio Outlet near you? Since you don't list where you are it is kinda hard to tell you where to go.

giant22000

Unfortunately there is no HRO near me. I'm in the Houston, TX area (Beaumont, TX to be exact).

sjhapke

Main Trading Company should have them

Unfortunately there is no HRO near me. I'm in the Houston, TX area (Beaumont, TX to be exact).

Granted, it might be a stretch to call them local (about 4-5 hours away), but they are good people. I tend to buy most of my ham radios from them, and purchased my 436 from them when it first came out.

MTC

Stephanie

giant22000

Stephanie,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be going through Dallas and I'll have about 20hrs of driving so I definitely don't mind detouring the their direction.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

giant22000

Just called and they are out of stock. Really nice people there though.

lol, back open to suggestions...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

durangoGreg

Most HRO stores can have it shipped to you overnight.

I live in Durango, CO about 7 hours from Denver but if I call HRO in Denver and order I usually get my order the next day at no extra cost.

I also think DX Engineering can get it to you overnight as well at little or no cost. I am not sure DX Engineering caries the 436 but they might.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
call this dealer charlies airwaves i checked Lesco has the scanners in stock he can get in one day if he doesnt have any.
281-499-5214 Charlies airwaves

charlies airwaves
2547 Cartwright Rd
Missouri City, Texas 77459

Phone (281) 499-5214

Hi there, I'm fixing to go out of town this Thursday and have been thinking of replacing my pro-106 with a bcd436hp. I'm wanting to purchase locally as I do not have enough time to have one shipped to me before Thursday.

I have access to basically all the big box stores in my location. Does anybody have any idea where one of these scanners can be purchased locally? Thanks.

giant22000

I've found a BCD436HP locally in Garland, TX in the Dallas Metroplex area as I'll be arriving in that area tomorrow. A call to Lesco Distributing put me into contact with some retailers that be able to overnight them.

Thanks for everyone's help in locating a BCD436HP locally.

rwier

............ call your local Frys electronics stores, they do carry other Uniden scanners and their website has always in my experience been behind what's actually in store. ...........

Absolutely! It's been a while, but I seem to remember getting one of my HP-1s at the local Fry's (about half price, as it was a "failed" return item). Fired it up inside the big box store and after a few quick keystrokes, the radio came alive with a bunch of my usual channels + several others I had never heard before. Quite shockingly good reception considering the metal grid in the ceiling overhead. The young fellow assisting me commented that they thought the radio was dead as no one was able to hear anything on it (sound familiar RR.com?), lol. When I got home, I happily coughed up the $99 Extreme Option.

Status
Not open for further replies.