Bcd436hp charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
Since there is no A/C adapter supplied......if I'm not near a computer, can I plug the supplied USB cable into......let's say ...... the small white charger that came with my iPhone and run the scanner off of that?
My reason for asking is because I'm not clear if the omission of an A/C adapter is because Uniden doesn't recommend it or they were just trying to keep the cost down.
Love this scanner and just put my 396XT on EBAY.

JamesO

Almost any USB power adapter should work, whether it be an AC power adapter or a DC lighter adapter for the car.

I never bothered to check in my 436HP box/packaging to see if an AC USB power adapter was included.

JamesO

Also forgot to mention the scanner will only charge the batteries when turned OFF and you have to select the charge option on the screen as I recall.

The 436HP will not charge the batteries while powered on and operational.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Since there is no A/C adapter supplied......if I'm not near a computer, can I plug the supplied USB cable into......let's say ...... the small white charger that came with my iPhone and run the scanner off of that?
My reason for asking is because I'm not clear if the omission of an A/C adapter is because Uniden doesn't recommend it or they were just trying to keep the cost down.
Love this scanner and just put my 396XT on EBAY.

As I mentioned in another thread, I really don't care for my 436, so in a 180 degree twist on your OP, I just bought your 396XT and will be placing my 436HP on eBay, or here on the RR Classifieds, by the end of the day. :D

:)

Last edited:

derevs

But remember it will charge the the internal clock battery only when on!

Status
Not open for further replies.