BCD436HP Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

netracer61

Premium Subscriber
I am very interested in the Uniden BCD436HP scanner. I am a little confused as I have seen this scanner listed with retail prices of $900 and $700 before any discounts, they seem to have the same specs. Am I missing something here? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

NETRACER61
KNOXVILLE, MARYLAND

krokus

Premium Subscriber
That is someone hoping to make a nice profit, or trying to make people feel they are getting a great deal, once the discounts are applied.

Sent via Tapatalk

kb8rvp

You must be looking on ebay because that happens with just about any scanner on ebay. You will see some for $450 and they you scroll down and you will see some for $600 it's always been that way. Normal price is around $489-$499 new. Ham Radio Outlet had them onsale over the 4th of July for I think it was around $464 so keep your eyes open for deals. http://forums.radioreference.com/un...rs/293884-if-youre-thinking-buying-436hp.html

Mike

Last edited:

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I am very interested in the Uniden BCD436HP scanner. I am a little confused as I have seen this scanner listed with retail prices of $900 and $700 before any discounts, they seem to have the same specs. Am I missing something here? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

NETRACER61
KNOXVILLE, MARYLAND

I'd sell my BCD 536HP for $900 even $700 and go buy a new one and pocket the excess.:wink:

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I've seen 996XT's for $699 on ebay. Ridiculous. They count on at least a handful of people who just buy things sight unseen. Maybe they don't sell that many at these prices, but what an ROI on the ones they do.

netracer61

Premium Subscriber
I ended up buying one from scannermaster, I found a few that were a little cheaper but not any businesses would trust if I had issues with the scanner. Thanks for the input folks.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I got a lightly used 436HP off ebay for $400. Most reputable sellers have new ones for $500-520. MSRP is $550 IIRC. The sellers listing anything above that are being dishonest/shady.

Status
Not open for further replies.